Saturday, January 23, 2010

Student Staff meeting

Today I had a student staff meeting in Indianapolis. It was a really good thing I think. The part I appreciated the most was the time when I got to ask 4 separate individuals who are on staff with Young Life about their experiences with it. I got to ask a lot of questions that have really been on my heart. It really was a pretty good meeting, but I liked the drive to and from Indianapolis with Ryan even better. We had some really good talk time together.

I went to school as soon as I got home and worked on a homework assignment for a long time. But I don't want to talk about that.
A friend of mine reminded me of Haiti. I mean I think about it daily, but my friend reminded me to outwardly express my heart. What has happened in Haiti is horrible. It is confusing and unfair. It makes me angry and horribly sad. I also feel so blessed, and even more confused at why I am so blessed. I count my blessings, and wonder why they can't have theirs. Then it brings me back to a place where I realize that God does what he needs to do, because HE IS GOD!

But, please. Remember Haiti, and pray. Pray for the people to have comfort brought to them. Pray for the rescue workers, and that money is distributed properly. Pray for these people, and their horrible situation.

Also, I listened to a really good sermon on prayer.
Check it out!!

4 Essential Attitudes of Prayer
Luke 1:5-20

1.) Let God answer prayer in His time.

-Faith is patient, even when you don't want to be.
-God wants to bless us, but he has to prepare us first.

2.) We must be willing to let God answer prayer in his way.

** Inch by inch, it's a sinch.
yard by hard, it's gonna be hard.

-God will do it his way.

3.) We must be willing to let God answer through his own power and his own ability.

-He is more than enough. Just trust.


4.) Let God answer for his own purpose.

-We may think he is answering for our plan, maybe he is just allowing us to be a part of His.
If you want to listen to it, ~!CLICK HERE!~

No comments: