Friday, December 07, 2007

a book and some tunEz

9:36A.M.

A very early post, but I have something to say. I had an awesome Bible study this morning. It was very uplifting and encouraging. I was really challenged to step outside the box with my Christianity. If people don't see me overflowing with Christ, then what am I really doing? I was challenged by a guy named Matt, I have a feeling Matt and I have a lot more in common than what we know, but that isn't the point. We met at Collateral and are slowely becoming closer through this Mon, Wed, Fri Bible study I have been attending only for a short time. This morning he really challenged me, and actually in a very indirect mannor. It just kind of opened my eyes a bit to how things are, and how they should be. After Bible study I went back home and got ready for work. I was looking all over for the book I have been reading "The Masters Plan For Evangelism" but it was no where to be found. God lead me to this devotional/study on Peter I started reading right before I left for China, and into the China trip a bit. I stopped for one reason or another and I am going to start it up again. There is a really beautiful quote from The Velveteen Rabbit that I want to share.

"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't often happen to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand." __Margery Williams, The Velveteen Rabbit


After work I drove right to Best Buy and purchased a CD player for my vehicle. Now I really love every aspect of it. I guess there is only 2 aspects, it moves and it has music. BUT I LOVE THEM! After I got the CD player I went over to my half brothers house. Travis actually works at Best Buy and is super talented at installing electronics in vehicles. He hooked up my car. I tried to help him get my old AM/FM tuner out, and I cut myself. There was a lot of destruction because he didn't have the right tools for the job. I kind of asked him at the last second if he could do this for me. He is an awesome big bro, so he said yes he would help me on his day off. THANKS TRAVIS!


I took the long way home from Columbia City so I could enjoy my new tunes. I think I make really funny facial expressions, I concentrate really hard on the road though, you can tell because I have a pretty intense face going on for most of the time.

No comments: