Monday, August 18, 2008

first day @ new job

I want to start out with this video, because well it is pretty awesome, and if you haven't seen it you really need to. ~SIMPLY ADORABLE~

When I got home from the 6AM-9AM shift, I felt comfortable with it. I really look forward to getting to know the kids and I think it is going to be a really good year. I just tried my best to relieve as much stress from Andrea (site director/boss) as I possibly could. I opened up this morning before the kids got there with a prayer. It came out easily, and I notice that the more and more I implement that into daily practice, the more "normal" it becomes...at least with me. We have the "yard stick" rule of punishment. No, not smacking the kids with a yard stick, but they have levels. You start at a neutral level, I think it is blue. Then first incident (after being verbally warned) moves you to the green stick. The second incident moves you to the yellow stick. And the third incident moves you right on up to the RED stick, which means a write up. I hope we don't have too many RED kids, but you just never know. I told Andrea that I would take care of painting the yard sticks, so when I got home, I did just that.Now that's taking intuitive...or maybe sucking up.... but why not both.After I got done painting the sticks, I went out on the screened in porch and had myself a little Bible study time. It was soo nice outside, when I put the Bible down, I fell asleep and took myself a nice little nap. Haven't had one of those in quite some time. It felt good.

When I went back to work, It was a crazy house. The bring YMCA kids in from all over the place and today was the school systems first day, and it was nuts. There were kids getting dropped off in the wrong place, and missing kids, and parents were freaking out, and it was just nuts. BUT, our team (Andrea-site director, Becky-site assistant, me-me) did a great job, and the kids are awesome. It's gonna be a good year.

I wish I could play some music on here. I wish I could just play some of what I have been listening to lately. Because it has really been out of the ordinary. I have been listening to the radio a lot, and the only station I listen to is 94.1 which is classical music. Every time I get in my car, this is what I listen to. All day, every day. I love it, it is extremely peaceful and just puts me in a relaxed and good mood. It is simple to pray to while I am in the car as well.

No comments: