Thursday, August 13, 2015

TODAY IS MY D DAY

 Okay, today is the day. Today is my D-Day. No, in my case the D stands for DRIVE. I will be doing a lot of driving over the next 84 hours. A TON OF DRIVING. Jared (my best friend who has been living with us for the past 3.5 months) is currently at the grocery store getting all the food. Then around 3pm I will be picking up the rental car and getting it packed up & and ready to go for Hil's arrival home. WOW WOW WOW!!! I am really crazy excited about doing this. I am also a little nervous as well.

To be perfectly honest, I almost pulled the plug yesterday. This is what happened. . . .

I wake up to Hilary being right next to the bed saying, "hey I need to tell you something, but I don't know if you are ready to hear it." That's never good. Also, know something about me. I am kind of a tight-wad. I don't really like spending money when I don't have to. I mean I give generously, but spending things on little stuff isn't really important to me. Also, we recently had to fix the tire & other stupid expenses. Life stuff. Also, I just paid a bunch of money, so all our funds are currently accounted for. Also, last month we paid off a big cruise that we've been wanting to go on for years. . . . Are you up to pace? Back to me waking up. . . .

So I say to Hilary, "what is it?" She says, "Well, I forgot about the check for $550 we wrote to Young Life to send that kid to camp. . . . I thought it had already been taken out, but it just came out today. We have like $150 in checking." Now, at this point, I am thinking about how the monies we have are already accounted for, and I am kind of freaking out. To make a long story short, I did let it slip that I have been planning something for Her, for our anniversary, and I was planning on using that money. So, she knows something is up, but no idea that we are going to the Grand Canyon, and especially not the SPECIAL THING I have planned. I am a responsible adult, and I figure You Only Live Once. Especially living once without children. So the plans are still a go!!! We rock out today as soon as Hilary get's home. I am super excited to spend the next 3.5 days with my beautiful wife. And I love her so much, it is going to be epic. And they money part is not a big deal. I just hate not being super prepared financially. But we both get paid 4 more times this month, including 2 that are coming in tomorrow. We will be just fine. I just inherited that from my dad. Not a bad trait, but just a trait I have.

No comments: