Friday, July 08, 2016

A gal's best friends

Today we had an OBGYN appointment with Dr. Ashmun. We are 37 weeks and she checked to see if, by chance, my cervix was open. It isn't. Boo.

Tomorrow four of my very best friends are coming down from Fort Wayne, IN to spend the night with me. I am absolutely thrilled to spend some time with each of them. These four ladies are friends I met my freshman year at Ball State. We all went to CRU together, we shared a bible study, and we started a gum tree. We played and laughed constantly. I have lots of friends that I care deeply for, however, these four woman are my soul friends and will be forever. They all love the Lord and love each other. When they found out about Louisa's heart and our diagnosis they decided to come down and spend the weekend with me. I know they are giving up a lot to do this and I am so grateful to them and their husbands/boyfriend.

Casie Barker, Melissa Pearson, Kayla Fox and Erin Hagerman

They are so special to me. P.S. I didn't ask them permission to talk about each one of them OR post their picture, individually, but I am going to anyway because I need to say thank you.

Erin Hagerman:


 Erin,
       You are the best. I love your sense of humor and the laughter we share every time we are together. You are always really open and honest with me when things are hard and when things are good. Thank you for loving me even when it was hard. Thank you for always listening to me and sharing hard moments with me. Thank you for crying with me and sharing your family with me. You are my DEAR FRIEND and will be forever! Thank you for scaring the crap out of Casie and making life fun! Thank you for the adventures we share. You work so hard in a profession you care so much about. I look up to you because of your perseverance.

Casie Marie Barker:

Casie,
    If I were ever stuck in an airport or stranded on an island I would want you to be there with me. I cannot think of another person that makes every situation fun and amazing. You and Mikey are hilarious together, which always warms my heart. You are so positive and fun. I think you smile more than anyone I know. You bring so much joy to everyone you are around. You have more energy than my husband, which is pretty remarkable. You are always up for any adventure and I love that about you. You are brave and kind and I love you. We share so many precious memories that I will never ever forget. Thank you for sharing life with me.


Kayla Fox,
        You are prefect! You are a cornerstone. You are a wise woman of God and I really look up to you. You are one of the most empathetic people I know. You practice grace and mercy so well. I am so grateful to you for reaching out to me during this difficult time. Thank you for allowing me to be honest and loving me through the toughness of our situation. Thank you for giving me permission to grieve and not making me feel guilty. Thank you for your constant prayer. I can only pray that someday I am half the woman that you are. You have the best laugh and sense of humor. Thank you for sharing life with me.


Melissa,
    I am tearing up just thinking about what to say to you. You are so special to me. I love you with my whole heart. Thank you for years of laughing, crying, listening, and teaching. You have taught me so much. You are honest and wholesome. You love people hard and it is a beautiful thing to witness. Thank you for sharing parts of your motherhood with me. I know you won't believe me but you make it look very easy. I love your relationship with the Lord and with others. You have taught me; how to be a loving wife, how to have fun in marriage, how to care for two babies, and how to have faith even when hope is hard to find. You introduced me to my husband and you shared your entire family with me for years. You always made me feel welcome and like you wanted me to be around. I adore you.


Ladies. I cannot wait to see you all! It has been way too long since we all have been together. Again, i am so grateful that you are choosing to spend the weekend with me!

No comments: