Monday, July 18, 2016

38 Weeks Pregnant

Last week of pregnancy

Currently we are 38 weeks and 4 days and boy are we dropping. There are perks to this because I can actually breath again, however, the downside is that my clothes are starting to not fit. My belly is starting to peek out the bottom a little. This makes it truly difficult for a lady. The once treasured task of getting dressed in the mornings for work now it is probably the most daunting. Dress clothes are not comfortable and wearing shorts or pajamas in my profession is frowned upon.  

People have warned us about the last two weeks of pregnancy and I heard them but in true Riley fashion I thought, oh it won't be that bad. It is that bad. I have been nesting for several weeks and there just isn't much left to do. We just have to wait... and wait... and wait. I was given a bit of relief from swelling the past weekend by getting into a nice cool pool. The temperature is rising and the humidity is almost unbearable. I am swollen all over. My husband has made me feel like the most beautiful person in the world during pregnancy. He isn't good at faking things so I know he truly sees something I don't and I am so grateful. My eyes see a swollen face that doesn't look like mine. Legs that are weak, large, and desperate to be worked out. He sees... I don't know what he sees, but I do know that he makes me feel beautiful and wanted.

Last night I was tossing and turning from 3am until about 6:00am. I believe it was a mixture between a stomach ache and nerves. I cannot complain about sleep because truly my sleeping patterns haven't changed all that much. Although most of the times I do get up to pee in the middle of the night I keep my eyes closed and convince myself that I am still sleeping so that once my head hits the pillow I am immediately out again. I do not function well on little sleep. I know, I know, I won't get hardly any sleep when she comes home but I also won't have to function on a high level. Yes I will need to function to take care of my daughter but interpreting a presentation of State Government policies and laws won't be in my daily job duties so I think I can manage.

We have labor/delivery plan, unless Louisa decides to come early, we will go to the hospital Sunday July 24th at 9:00p to be induced. Mike and I both are a bit nervous about being induced. If you are seeking prayer requests we have a couple:
-Pray for my body to go naturally into labor
-Prayer for both of our families travels here once she arrives
-Prayer for rest (for both Mike and myself)

Thank you all for taking the time to read this blog. It is a very special thing for me and I am excited to begin this journey with you.



No comments: