Saturday, June 06, 2009

end of another great week

Yes, the kids went home today. It was another great week. Kids came to understand better who Jesus is and what a relationship with Him can look like. Some accepted the call that is put forth, some are not ready. The thing that matters is that they heard and understood Truth. What I love about Young Life as an organization is that whether or not the kids have decided to take Christ seriously at his words and live a devoted life, we (leaders) stand by them. We walk through life letting them know we love them and want to be there for them no matter what. That is a great picture to paint. Today is SATURDAY, and that means it is my day off. My day started off by me sleeping in until about noon. That was really nice, because I work really hard all week and get extremely tired. When I walked back into my room, I saw there was a note on the door. It was from a lady in the office, asking if any of the interns would be interested in babysitting her son Luke from 2-5:30. I love little kids, and this little 3 year old is especially funny and fun.Here is Luke. We played Candyland, with trains, watched the end of CARS, danced, and other things. He is a neat kid, and we both had a good time.

The majority of the interns went into Flagstaff (nearest non hoe-dunk town). But, I really did not feel like spending money. So, I opted to stay in camp. I'm not going to stay every weekend, but I would like to save up some money this summer. It ended up being a pretty lazy day. But, that's just okay.

Oh, and I can't forget to mention that today is my parents 39th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!! Love you both!

No comments: