Friday, June 12, 2009

PETER & baseball

My friend Peter is in town. He has been in Korea for the past 4 years. We were so extremely close in High school and middle school, and elementary school. I love that guy and his younger brother Jacob. He had to go back to Korea to join the military (mandatory draft). But he is back in Fort Wayne staying with my best friend Jared for the month, so of course I had to see him. I really love this guy, and he brings me joy. He is stuck in drink up and enjoy the times life throws at you phase, but I know he knows Christ, and pray that it is only a matter of time until he see's the bigger picture and how important it is. But, I will just continue to love him and get his random phone calls from Korea once he goes back.I ended up taking Peter & Nicky (Nick will be going with me to North Carolina tomorrow with my Young Life guys, SO EXCITING!!) to the ball park. It was such a good time, even though baseball can get a little boring.

As I was chillen with him, I asked if he wanted to go to a Tin Caps (baseball) game. I had never been to one, he had never been to one, so I thought, "WHY THE HECK NOT?!"

I had an amazing hot dog, among other great ball park foods. It was super good to spend time with Nick and Peter. I am extremely fortunate I got to do this.
It was an amazing game towards the end. In the 3rd inning, the Tin Caps (Fort Wayne's team) tied it up 4-4. Right in the 10th inning, they scored after having 1 ball, 2 strikes, and 2 outs. The winning point brought in the last stand they needed, and the CROUD WENT CRAZY!! Then, to add a little icing to the cake, there was a great and very loud firework display. Peter didn't think it was that impressive, but it was real good.

~MY PRAYER TONIGHT~

"Thank you Lord for allowing me to have this experience with both Peter and Nick. You bless me so much, even though I am a sinful idiot who forgets way too quickly. I praise you for the GRACE you constantly show me. I love you, and you are the only true meaning in my life. You are my rock and my solid ground."

No comments: