Thursday, June 04, 2009

the line breaks because of too much pressure from above

Check this out; today a water line broke. Ryan and I were changing out some new sprinkler heads and in order to do this, he wanted to put in a smaller pipe and such. Well, after we had installed 4 new sprinkler heads, we were putting the sod (grass) back on and Ryan was stomping down to get it all back in place. . . When I turned the zone on to test it out, WATER STARTED BUBBLING UP AND CREATING A HUGE MESS! That is when we both knew that he had accidentally cracked one of the old pipes. It was not entirely his fault because the people who installed all the irrigation way before him did a HORRIBLE job, and it was a really crappy and cheap pipe that broke. BUT ANYWAYS,we fixed the pipe and it's all good. Pictured above is Ryan's leg next to the pipe as we put the finishing touches on it.

We got done at about 7:56PM. We had a staff/intern meeting at 8. Ryan and I both went to the meeting all muddy and smelly, but it was awesome because we both had a good time with each other and the mud. At the meeting, I entered what seems like, THE FORBIDDEN ZONE.The forbidden zone is not full of drugs and alcohol like my picture might lead you to think. The forbidden zone that I speak of tonight is a place where God has put my heart. Ya see, I have been having a heavy heart almost from day one of my internship. Something that I have kept quiet all along. It is mostly 3 topics. Swearing, taking the Lord's name in vain, and watching and being involved in things that are not "above reproach." Finally, after much debate and thought, I decided to say something about the subjects to everyone as a whole. I did not single anyone out, but just kind of spoke my mind on the subject, and said that I feel conflicted because I love everyone so much, but it just frustrates and even discourages me to see or hear where some of them are at. That is not me being judgmental either. The Lord calls us to be a people who are set apart from the rest of the world. A people who are holy and disciplined. I'm not perfect, far from it, but I know what are bad habits, and I know what is right and wrong. I also know what will bring me down if I am around it too much without taking a stand. So I said what I needed to say, and I got a lot of really positive feedback. I admitted that it was difficult for me to say what I said because I know it puts me on the spot; and no one wants to be the outspoken hypocrite, but I felt it needed to be said, and we need to challenge each other as brothers and sisters in Christ. Not just fall into the ways of the world.

(sigh) I have given it to God now though. I think I am supposed to step away for a bit now. But, to explain what I am talking about. Before the meeting, I was invited by the other interns to go see the 12:00 showing of the new movie "The Hangover." Which is kind of frustrating, mostly because it is nothing that a group of Christians who want to be set apart, especially this summer when we are in a place to be directly challenged, and after what was brought up. But wait, have I given this over to the Lord??? I am still typing about it. . . . . Anyways, pressure from a foot can break a pipe. But pressure from a sinful world can break a man. My head is going fast and hard on this one.

I just want to do the best I can do in Christ. I know I have seen a lot of trash movies before, and I know I have used swear words, I know I fail and sin and everything. But shouldn't I be seeking God all along and hold myself and other followers of Christ to a higher calling?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like you to continue to think through all these things.
Peace
Love God and Love people
Love you