Saturday, December 12, 2009

I keep learning

I cleaned out my closet today. There was much to be gotten rid of. I will be able to donate a lot of clothes & shoes this year though, and that is a really good thing.

I learned something today. Well, more like I was reminded of something today.

1 Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1:6-2:2, a pastor is to have the following traits: He is to be trustworthy and capable of leadership having an urge for good works being blamelessness and beyond reproach because of his good reputation. If he is married, then he is faithful to his wife, and if he is not, then he does not possess a wandering eye. He is one who is called to teach and is expected to be self controlled; not given to violence, dishonesty, or quarrel. Indeed, this man is not to be given to material excess nor to strong drink or other such indulgences which would remove his focus from the Lord. He is one who is not overbearing but is one who is hospitable and temperate, ministering with a gentleness of spirit onto others. He manages the needs of his family and his ministry well and encourages all those who are around him. He is mature in all of these things because he is well disciplined. In summary, he is one who is called to the office of teacher and leads a holy lifestyle, having an ear for sound doctrine.

I saw why this is so important. God has chosen me, and I must learn to fill the position at all times. Getting frustrated with an individual is no excuse.

No comments: