Wednesday, December 02, 2009

club was poppin tonight I tell you what!

Yeah, my day was, well I guess we won't know how the start of my day was till Friday when I get my last termed exam back. I just have one accumulated final, and I am DONE! I may have done good on it, or I may have done bad. I could have studied a little bit more, but I definitely did not blow it off by any means (maybe slightly).
CLUB was boss tonight. There was probably 75 kids there tonight, and i'm telling you, it was amazing. So much energy, and so much raw FUN! I loved it. I love the atmosphere that is at a Young Life club. No matter who you are, no matter what is going on in your life, you can come and have a kicking time. It is such a safe environment to be yourself and have a blast. Ryan gave the talk and did a really great job. He was feeling so sick, and dizzy and tummy not so hot, we prayed. And right until the last second, he was still feeling that way. When he stood up to talk, he was fine. Maybe God was just testing his faith. To see if Ryan would competely rely on Him. It worked. :-) So today when I was in the garage getting a little bit of ice cream at night. I started thinking. I started thinking about how I desire to live a life completely devoted to Christ and his teachings. One verse that popped into my mind was a piece of 2 Corinthians 10:5. I only remembered the "taking thoughts captive" part, but enough to say the least. I desire that so much. Especially when it comes to my life of purity. I desire purity in all facets. Physical purity, emotional purity, mental purity, and social/interpersonal purity. I must be prepared to allow God to come into every thought, every sentence, and every action. If not, I am trying to lead my own life, instead of releasing my ALL to Him who loves me more than I will every be ale to comprehend. It's a good thing, a very very good thing.

That whole verse is "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captivev every thought to make it obedient to Christ."

And my Bible has some really cool words about that verse, they are as follows. . .

God must be in complete control, even our thoughts must be submitted to his control as we live for him. Spirit-empowered believers must capture every thought and yield it to Christ. When exposed to ideas, or opportunities that might lead to wrong desires, you have a choice. You can recognize the danger and turn away, or you can allow unhealthy thoughts to take you captive. You capture your fantasies and desires when you honestly admit them to the Lord and ask him to redirect your thinking. Ask God to give you the spirit of discernment to keep your thoughts focused on his truth.

Dang, I like that a lot.

No comments: