Saturday, August 29, 2009

Simply Saturday

This candle caused me some headache today. It was my own fault, but still a headache. I was not watching it very closely while I was studying, and it overflowed all over my that wood thing it sits on. Anyways, even though it did that, I cleaned it up and lit it again. And well, I am going to be perfectly honest with you. That candle is singlehandandly the biggest reason why my room smells so delightful. I just thought I would share that with you.

I guess it depends on what you definition of simple is. I did not have to think things through too much. It came pretty natural what I would do. I studied (it takes me a whole day of studying to accomplish next to nothing. . . darn distractions) again, for what seemed like an eternity. Then I got a text message from Ryan Pelton, friend and fellow Young Life leader informing me that he would be leading a worship time at some church in Fort Wayne. Well, I texted some of the Young Life guys I took to camp to see if they would like to go. One said YES. So we went.


The worship time was amazing. There was dancing, and shouting. People laid on the floor, and sincerely took whatever stance they felt comfortable taking. It was a powerful time with God. A time that felt completely and unavoidably wonderful. I am so glad I got to experience it with Adam (Young Life friend). I am so glad he got to see what I love so much. I feel so at home in a worship time. The challenge is taking that "worship" feeling out of the safety of that room, and bringing it to the average man and woman on the street. The challenging part is bringing that love and joy into a circumstance that seems joyless. Well the challenge is on, and I want to try to do this one to the best of my ability. Dang do I ever. I couldn't help but think tonight, "Man, I really super wish that Janice was with me. I wish she could experience this with me." I even said that to God in prayer. But the resounding answer was that she needs to find that Joy in and through Christ on her own. And for some reason I felt extremely comforted by it. I know she loves the lord, but I can't bring these specific experiences to her. She must first want them, and must have that desire to seek them out in her own life. I just love her and want her to expedience it with me NOW!! That is not how God has it set up though. Not now anyways. And I am just gonna have to be okay with that.

There was one line during a specific song that really hit me.

"In my life, be lifted high"

"In our world, be lifted high"

"In our love, be lifted high"

I can't think of anything I want more than for God to be lifted high in all those things. I lose sight of what is most important so often though. How can I forget so easily what is so important? There is nothing more important. NOTHING! Not family, not jobs, not school, not friends, not success, not desires. He must be lifted high in all things. It is the never ending challenge of dying to myself every single day. With the help of my savior, friend, and counselor, I can do it. I will not fear, for He is with me.

No comments: