Monday, July 27, 2009

Hey, check this out

First, I wanted to say that this BLOG post is my 901st post!! Is that not insane? I really love BLOGGING. I do, it is like the best release and accountability partner for me. It allows me to focus in on what I did during my day, and it helps me to remember where I have been, and where I want to be going.

Chickety check this out; Wisdom is a gift. Wisdom is pointless in MY LIFE, unless it is Spiritual wisdom given from above. Allow me to explain.Today, we were rock hunting. We are building a HUGE retaining wall for a parking lot that needs severely to be leveled out. Part of this job includes placing the rocks/boulders in their correct position. BUT, the other, and by my standards more exciting part is the actual rock hunting. This involves taking the Blue New Holland tractor and the big ole dump truck up the mountain, and digging out big old rocks and putting them in the dump truck. I had some of the guys placing the boulders, and I had Evan and Kahe with me up the mountain. Evan is really hard to see in the above picture, so I highlighted him with a RED ARROW. Evan is a really hard worker, and I knew this from day one. He also likes to wear kilts, which is funny, but he is actually pretty serious about it. Anyways, what I want to say has nothing to do with kilts. When the three of us were taking large rocks/boulders out of the ground, Evan asked me, "Mikey what do you do when you have a **** *** ****?" I am choosing no to announce the exact question on my BLOG, because just in case that person ever reads this BLOG I don't want him/her to be offended. But, it was a great moment. I had the opportunity to give sound advice. After I gave it, I knew it was from God. I could not give that kind of advice on my own, that's for sure. Evan thanked me, and I thanked God for allowing me to share, and for giving me the words to say.

Can wisdom only come from God? To that I would say absolutely not, but it is the only kind I ever want to have.

BIBLE TRIVIA: Who was the most wise man in all the world? Give up? It was King Solomon. 1 Kings 3:9 explains this.

Today was fantastic!!

No comments: