Monday, March 01, 2010

TO JANICE

Janice, I threw some thoughts together in an awkward presentation of my feelings and thoughts. It is simply meant to EXPRESS. It was motivated by your thoughts on our conversation and the most recent turn of events between us.


What I expected
And what I got
Did not line up
I chose to stop

The hand was heavy
Expectations high
My heart was right
My patience went dry

Don’t call it a failure
Don’t call it lost time
If we both learn more of ourselves
The end becomes justified

I had more, but this just seems stupid and as I re-read it I feel like an elementary school kid wrote it. I will just say what I am thinking in sentences.

I was making it (our relationship) about me and I wanted it to be a specific way, and when it was not happening, I became extremely disgruntled (inwardly mostly). I didn't bring you in to so much. I won't say that you deserve better, because I really did try. BUT, it doesn't matter what you did or didn't deserve; what happened, happened. I want to be able to make a friendship work. I am willing to change my heart & mind in order to have a friendship that works with you. From this point on, I would like to commit to a friendship. No expectations, no pointing out flaws, just the connection between two individuals who care for each other in a way that can be embraced.

5 comments:

Janice said...

Thanks Michael. I appreciate it. And your poem isnt too shabby, plus what are you trying to say?! My poetry sounds bad too?! haha

Mikey said...

I love your poetry! I just didn't see that poem going anywhere. But, if I ever find any free time, I will throw all my lose thoughts together and send them to you in a FINAL project sort of thingy. We'll see, which means you will see it come eventually.

Anonymous said...

i wanna talk about me, wanna talk about i, wanna talk about number one oh my me my.. what i think what i like what i know what i want what i see.. everybody likes to be the center of attention once in awhile..

Janice said...

Once in a while... yes.

Anonymous said...

amen janice