Tuesday, May 05, 2009

VICTORY! & my thought

so, today I consider to be a great success. Nick, my buddy that I have been spending a lot of time with has agreed to go to camp this summer. This is awesome and to me obviously God @ work. The picture above is of Ted, Nick's dad. He does not have a car right now & so I picked him up from work tonight to take him home & to stop to get the deposit for camp. It is seriously official and that's amazing.

On a more personal note; I have a lot of internal personal and spiritual work to do. Ya know, God is working in me just as much as the kids he is drawing to Him. At times, I have a drawing to go back to my old ways. I am always held back, but sometimes my timeline does not line up with Gods. Actually most of the time. It seems I struggle with not having that special someone, with being 22 & living at home, among others. I know this is where God has me, and that I must find peace in it, but that doesn't mean I don't personally struggle with it at times. Living a life for Christ is not an easy road. The path is wide and the path is narrow. There is no doubt in my mind as to what is Truth and what is not. Only slight internal frustration. I know it will only get easier and I trust God's great plan. I really do, it's just that my great trust in God's promise can get messed up sometimes by my humanness.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just don't get the mentality of your train of thought...its an all or nothing thing with you..there are people that are true christians and still have relationships and can go party with friends within reason and live on their own without parental control and maintain their relationship with God..you seem to have the idea that you can be what you are with god now, and your life you lead, or totally return to bad choices..is there no happy medium?.... mature choices of your own and maintaining your relationship with god and still having a social life and occasionally having fun and light partying with friends YOUR age are very NORMAL for a person your age...step away from the holier than thou attitude for awhile and be yourself...might find out youve got a whole new life out there...

Mikey said...

It's not a holier than thou anything. Please point out where I am chastising others for their actions? No where have I done that. If you are living a life fully for Christ, you deny yourself of sinful acts. The Bible says do not get drunk and commit debauchery. For an individual who has commit her/himself to Christ, those things go to the wayside. All or nothing is what Christ commands of his people. Look at how he directed the Israelites in the Old Testament. He wanted them to be a completely holy and transformed people for him and him alone. Giving in to the temptations of the world will only lead to defeat and sin.

You talk as if you "deserve" something. We deserve nothing. We were put on this Earth to praise and worship the God who made us and nothing more. Sin leads to destruction, I lived that life for a long time. It was horrible and I was never happy. I have found Peace. An inner peace that satisfies more than any other I have ever experienced. This is where I belong, and where I will fight to stay at.

Anonymous said...

i know people who are great people, teachers, youth coaches, everyday people, who can crack open a beer on occasion, and socialize as ADULTS WITH OTHER ADULTS who are God fearing, giving, caring people, no less christian than you are..I have had pastors who have come to graduations, weddings, etc. who would enjoy a beer and some ADULT socializing..IT IS NORMAL..where in the bible is the all or nothing attitude coming from...you twist the bible to meet your thoughts...perhaps you work with young people and hang out with teenagers because you cannot learn how to grow up and mature in a graceful and adult manner, and cling to your needy, youthful, immature ways by hanging with youth..i dont know..all i know is that you have alot of ideas and judgements of others for someone who has experienced so little..i think you are a ten year old in a young adults body and will believe anything he hears, reads, or is told...its much easier to know all the answers than it is to really listen to the questions..honestly think about it..there is a whole world out there full of great, caring people, who lead wholesome good lives, but who also interact and socialize as ADULTS in a productive and mature way and meet and learn how to interact with the opposite sex, and learn the art of becoming adults and dating and all that entails...you can't grow up when you only relate with children..just a thought, Thank You

Mikey said...

Okay, I have read your comments, and fully understand your point.