Wednesday, November 04, 2009

club tonight was real good maaan

Me eating with fellow Young Life leaders. My surrogate family members. We are a unique bunch, but I wouldn't trade them for the world.
I gave the talk tonight at club. I talked about Sin. And how it is not the outward expression or manifestation (swearing, sex, binge drinking, gossip, cheating, etc.) But it is the disconnection from God that is the real problem. Romans 6:23 says, For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus. We deserve death, as a consequence of our sins. BUT, Jesus paid that price for us. I did not get that far into the message, the goal was to help the kids recognize what sin really is instead of believing that it is something that they are doing. Because in the grand scheme of things, our actions matter not. It is all about the heart. I thought it went really well.

No comments: