Sunday, November 15, 2009

What does a Young Life fall weekend look like?

A Young Life weekend starts off with a bus trip (5 hours with stop).
A really fun bus ride to say the least!
When we arrived, the leaders quickly went into our first meeting. They welcomed us and set up what the weekend was going to look like. We (leaders) all started getting excited for ourselves but more so for the kids we brought. Next up we got to go to the first CLUB of the weekend. Ohh man, these are so much fun. Craziness, where high school kids can really be HIGH SCHOOL KIDS! It is a thrilling atmosphere to be a part of. They just eat it up. This picture is dark, but you can get the picture. The two guys on stage were two of the main characters. They were just really fun.

The next part of "Fall Weekend" I would like to explain was my favorite part of the weekend. We refer to it as "cabin time." For some, this was the first time they had ever experienced anything like this. For others, it was a welcomed atmosphere. This is a safe place where you can be real, yourself, and try to understand and help others out of respect. Nothing is forced, and my experience with it is that it usually works out really well. What does it mean to be in a community that cares about you in a way that is not of this world? How does it impact an individual to be cared for by his or her own peers? Well, it means the world.

Here are some pictures. I will just let them speak for themselves.


What was my goal this weekend? Well, first and foremost I wanted to meet kids on their individual levels and to spend genuine time with them. What happens naturally? Well, some renewed their relationship with Christ. Some got their first picture of what it even means to connect with such an amazing and life changing power. I was so blessed to be able to hang out with my group of guys. Every single one of them belonged their, and had a great time. IT WAS AWESOME!!

God is so good and made all of this possible. I am so blessed that he chooses to include me.

P.S. I just officially sold my Tempo for $170.oo. It will get picked up tomorrow at 12:30pm

No comments: