Thursday, November 19, 2009

donuts @ Snider

As I approach Snider High School, my mission is clear. To love these kids in the best way possible. To show compassion on them, and try to understand their pain. All the while being cheerful and fun as they walk into school. Yes, the donuts were stacked this morning. I love making kids smile in the morning. I do anything to get a smile. From on the spot rapping, to unique gestures like, "that scarf is so fly, I bet you could just soar through the clouds."

My day was a blur. I am patiently waiting to go see Janice. But, it is infecting my thought life. She is constantly on my mind. She is always always on my mind.

1 Corinthians 2:9, "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."

Dang, ya know what? In order to really experience God, you have to surrender to him. In order to be able to surrender to him, you have to have faith. You have to believe in something that does not flow with logic and sensibility. By stepping out in faith, God will prove himself time and time again. Through situations, circumstances, and in your heart. BUT, if you never take that step to do so, it won't happen. Surrender is ESSENTIAL! But, we are so stuck in our selfishness.

No comments: