Steasha is in the yellow to the right. My skin color had no worth there. And Ben (YL leader) and I were the only white guys. I honestly felt like we were all brothers and sisters in Christ though. It was so much fun too. We played that game where you have to act out stuff in a time limit and get the team to guess what yo1u are acting out. . . what is that called? And then this guy came, he is the pastor of the church apparently. I don't think he regularly speaks there, but he was tonight. The topic was "RELATIONSHIPS." Check out this list he gave us.
MAKE SURE YOU ALREADY HAVE"
- Is the relationship moving too quickly?
- Flee from sexual immorality. (1 corinthians 6:18) This is all kinds of sexual issues, from thoughts to the physical touch.
- Is your significant other KIND?
- How does she treat the waiter at a restaurant when he/she messes up the order?
- How does she act in traffic?
- How does she love people?
- Is this person a teammate?
- Will she go to spiritual battle with you?
- Is she an individual who will protect you? ** Maybe this just means keeping things in confidence. You know, protecting your privacy.**
- Is this a person of integrity?
- The pastor gave the "milk jug" example. If your significant went to the grocery store and forgot to put a couple of milk jugs on the bottom of the cart and the check out person didn't see them, and your significant other didn't realize it till she got to the car, would she take them back in because it was the right thing to do?
- Is this person a quitter?
- When the going gets tough, does she get going, or is she likely to fold under pressure?
- Does she have a "forever" view of marriage (NO BACKING OUT)?
- Is God my & her most important priority?
- If I ever put my significant other before God, or she ever puts me before God, He will remove his blessing from that relationship. Simple as that.