Sunday, February 21, 2010

I went skiing yesterday and it was a good time.

So my friend Joe invited me to go skiing on like Wednesday or Tuesday and I said HECK YES! I love to ski, and my boots have been sitting in the garage just sort of mocking me all winter long. That guy in the picture is Joe. Joe is a great guy, and starting in on the whole Young Life leader position. We (Young Life) are so happy to him in along. I am so happy to have him as a friend. He is a good dude. SO, after Joe invited me, I immediately thought to myself, "hummm, this is a good opportunity to invite a Young Life dude I don't get to spend very much time with outside of Young Life activities. So, I gave Eli a call and invited him along. He said, "HECK YES" as well, so off we went. Here is a great picture of Joe and Eli riding up on the ski lift together. You might have to enlarge the picture to see them. They are the two guys on the left though. Here is a great picture of Eli. We were both sitting on a huge mound of snow, waiting for Joe to come and unlock the car after a 10+ hour day of skiing. We were very very cold, but making the best of it and messing around with each other having fun. The ski trip was a success, and I had a great time getting crazy on the slopes and chilling with good people. Sometimes expressing God just means being a normal person doing fun stuff. The secret is being a representation of Christ while you do it.

But, my day today started off sore. Man did my skiing muscles get a work out! I went to church, studied at school for a bit, and then went to another Young Life leader meeting. After that we had campaigners (Young Life Bible study).
Here is a picture I snapped from that action. It was good, and I love talking God with these guys. It does me so much good too. It is 10:00, and I need to go to bed. My body is still super sore and ready to gather some much needed sleep.

P.S. I hate Spanish. That class is huge thorn in my foot. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I don't know how i'm gonna get through it. . . .

No comments: