Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Did alright today.

Something happened this morning that kind of freaked me out. It was extremely odd, and I can't really explain it, I can only explain what happened. It was when I was taking a shower this morning at like 11:15AM, I had just got off the phone with my sister Merideth. I set my phone down on the sink counter and then shut the door to the bathroom. Then, I hopped in the shower. I would say about 5 minutes went by when I heard my phone ring, I remember this very clearly because I had shampoo in my hair, and I was actually thinking about jumping out to try to catch the call. THEN, my brain kicked in, and I decided to wait. Serioiusly, I heard this ringer plain as day. There was one thing though, now that I look back on it, every time my phone rings, and I miss a call, it makes a DING sound immediately after.........there was no ding. SO, I finished washing and dried off. I picked up my phone and looked to see who called.....................there was no missed call, nothing at all. In fact, when I looked to see who the last call was, it was my sister Merideth. Here is the thing I can't wrap my brain around. I have specialized ringers for certain people. When Merideth calls me the song Everybody hurts by R.E.M. plays. The song that is assigned to all other callers who do not have specialized ringers is the song I'm a king by 50 Cent and T.I. That is the song I heard when I was in the shower. I heard that ringer playing, I know I did. But, it's not possible..........it is very confusing.

After this strange event, I got on my computer and started answering E-Mails. I love doing that, people writing asking me questions about the stem cell treatment, about fund raising, about how I am doing. It is all very good, and I am so happy to be able to do it. I also talked to someone who got in contact with me before I went to China. His name is Carlos, he lives in Chicago. I have kind of agreed to help him get started with fund raising. He was involved in a car accident a 2 or 3 years back. Him, his wife, and his "at the time" 2 or 3 year old girl were traveling to I think...South Dakota, and he fell asleep at the wheel. Wife and daughter not hurt at all, he is paralyzed from the waist down with little movement in his hands and fingers. I want to help him, I have to try. I feel like I am suppose to.

So, through the rest of the day went a little something like this. My friend Nate Baldwin called me, and stopped over and chilled with me and Chris for a bit. We were outside the front of my house sitting on the hood of Nate's car, and the back of Chris's car, when my friend George Doublas drove by. He stopped by, and started talking with us too. Got us all up to date on everything that has been going on, it was good stuff.

Then, me and Chris went and saw Transformers! It was amazing, I advise anyone who likes a good movie to go see this. I was impressed. I took this picture with my phone. Yea, I took that picture in the theatre with my cell phone. Pretty rad, I know.
It is BLOG's like today's that will probably make me question my sanity when I look back on it some time in the future. I heard that phone ring, I will swear over a Bible.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can tell you now, you are crazy.

Anonymous said...

Michael, i believe you are straight out your mind. God bless.

Mikey said...

That's my best friend since kindergarten. Shot GUN! :-)