Saturday, May 03, 2008

'm about to lose control and I think I like it

I am not about to lose control, but I have been listening to a new station on the radio called VIBE 106.3 which wouldn't typically be a radio station that I would listen to. BUT, for some reason or another I find myself on that station more and more often. Michael Jackson, Prince, Will Smith (old school), Madonna and others are regulars on the station. I just get to jamming, and my head starts bobbing and I just really enjoy myself singing stupid songs.

I go to work this morning at 6:30AM on the dot. I open up the building and deactivate the alarm system. Then I got to work, putting edges on the mulch beds and things of that sort. John (facility manager) and I got everything around for the volunteers that were suppose to show up at 8:00. Well some did in fact show up, but hardly in hoards like I was hoping. The good news was that one super nice and attractive chicka showed up, I was in a small group with her a long time ago. It was nice to get to work near her when I had the chance, she is a real sweet heart, a teacher too, not that-that does or doesn't have anything to do with the sweetness of her heart (does that make sense?).I loaded many wheel barrels of mulch and spread it and evened it and tossed it and and pretty much swam in mulch all day. It was a nice reminder of when I use to work for Vision Scapes (Lawn & Landscaping company I use to work for). Man, I worked my butt off for that company, and loved it. They do a really good job too.

Tonight was Dave Church, and it was very nice and encouraging. It was an evening of prayer, for the people there. It was nice because we got to talk through our current struggles and prayer requests. Then, as a group we prayed for each other. Very humbling to have other people pray for you right in front of you. Especially when they connect to you in prayer. I have felt this happen many times when the person praying for you is sincerely caring about you and your struggle. Rachel (daves daughter) and Gavin (another couples son) took a very cute picture for me tonight.Gavin is such a little cutie. He is super smart for just hardly being 2 years old. I always love Dave Church. I can't wait to see what God has in store for us as a body of believers and people who believe in a common goal. LOVE GOD, LOVE PEOPLE!

No comments: