Thursday, May 01, 2008

my pledge: Learn to throw a frisbee better.

Today, I got a chance to hang out/babysit two of my little cousins. I got quite a chuckle out of them. So much life, energy, and giggles. I fit right in, like always.

So, I did my group speech in my COMM class today. I think we did a really good job. I of course, made most of what I said up right at the moment. This seems to be a reoccurring event with my speeches. But, like I said, I think we did a really good job "comparatively anyways."

I learned something very important today, you can totally run off a painful side ache. It is painful for a while, but it eventually goes away. I took Reggie and Umar to play Ultimate Frisbee with a bunch of the other guys from Young Life. It was super fun, and once we got the hang of it, it only got better. It is seriously fun as heck. I am not usually a real physical person, ya know, not too competitive, but this brought out a new side to me. I wanted to do good, which drove me to run hard and ignore the pain jolting from an intense side ache. Like I said though, you can totally run it off. The guys had a good time though, and that made me have a good time.

There was one thing that was kind of sketchy though. I kept pushing it to the limit, like I said I am not super physical anymore, well nothing more than working at Pathway. I kept seeing stars though, and getting a little bit light headed. I just brushed it off, and it went away. I remember it happening 3 times though. And I am just going to be aware of it.

I am going to sleep real good tonight. YESSSS!

No comments: