Saturday, May 17, 2008

some family, a bon fire and such

This was created by a girl named Shannon Miller. I know her from a Sunday night church group I go to. These are pictures she has taken and compiled with that amazing music. Gives you the chills, it really does.

So my day at work had a pretty funny moment. I was working out side for most of the day, but I wasn't paying attention to the whole parking lot. It is a fairly good sized parking lot. So, when I am going to the back of the parking lot, the part behind the building (area I was not working in) I noticed a car parked in between the church trailer and the big yellow box truck. Kind of nestled back out of the way. I decide to approach it, the closer I get the more I begin to realize it is an empty car parked back in the far corner of the church parking lot away from everything. I get right up next to it and I see a kid inside. He is laying in the driver side with his seat all the way down. He had this goofy yellow feathered hat thing on. It looked just like the one above, except it was yellow. I pulled up to him and rolled down the window. He reacted first as if to say, "Ohhh shi*." He slowly rolled down his window and I said, what's going on guy, sleeping one off? He replied, "I am actually just waiting here for my friends, ya see they have a Saturday school." I said to him, "how come you're waiting in the church parking lot, why aren't you at home?" He replied rather quickly, "well, my family just moved to warsaw, and so I didn't want to drive all the way home." I said ohhh, I see. I then asked him about his hat, he realized he had the hat on, then quickly said, "I wanted to keep the sun out of my eyes." Even though he told me he got there at 7:30...when the sun isn't bright at all...... So, then I asked him why his eyes were so red. He replied with a defeated tone, "well, (long pause) I dunno." I told him not to fret, and that he was a bad lier. Then I said, why don't you get your barings and drive over the the "High School" and wait for your friends there. He said, ohh yea, okay, I will do that. He said he was sorry about 8 times, and then took off. If he didn't do anything wrong, then why would he be so sorry? LOL. BEEN THERE, DONE THAT, that kid wasn't fooling no body.

As soon as I got out of work I went home and tanned, then took my sister Merideth car shopping again. Her car is for real going to die very very very soon, I don't know how it hasn't already. We actually found a Chevy Cavalier that she really liked. I am going to go and look at it and talk with a sales men for her tomorrow. She has to work all day, but she really wants me to go and take a look at it for her. We will see what is up with it.

Later in the day....
I went to my brothers house with my sister Brandy and her finance John. We went to Troy's (Half Brother) house for a bon fire. It was a good night for it too, and although there were many good moments of fun and such, the one that stuck out the most would have to be this video clip that I am going to share. Let me set up the scene for you. Okay, my niece who will go UNNAMED by her request is being pushed on the tire swing, then my nephew Joel who is standing next to me for the majority of the time being calm and well behaved had a little incident. AHHHHH, just wait for it.

Now, even though he did get smashed pretty hard core, he cried for only maybe 3 or 4 minutes and was back to the crazy little guy that he is. He has a lot of energy for such a little dude, always on the go, always into something. :-)

I hung out with John & Brandy for the end of the evening and tried my best to hook them up with all the knowledge of a computer in a very short amount of time. It is their first computer really in forever. They have a lot of catching up to do. :-/

No comments: