Monday, May 12, 2008

Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.

I took my lap top back to A+ Computers today. I talked to the person who worked on it last week. I explained to him very specifically (but incredibly polite) what was already wrong and not fixed, as well as what NEW problems had occured after I got it back. We will see what happens, I felt better because of the fact that I got to speak to the computer tech face to face. Now, wheather that means it will be successfully fixed or not, I can not say. :-/
I had an interview today for a child care position for YMCA. "sigh" I really don't know how well it went. I was kind of flustered when I went in, and was thinking more about what and how I was going to act with the computer people than I was thinking about the interview. I forgot my RESUME, and thus didn't have my contact information/previous job information. SO, I told her I could E-Mail her all the proper information as soon as I got back to my computer. I actually found it in an old E-Mail sent out not to long ago to a past job possibility. MAN I LOVE GMAIL!! As soon as I finish writing this BLOG I am going to get that information sent to her. She asked a series of "situational" questions, and I like having to think on the spot like that, so I think I did pretty well. I guess we will see, and if it is meant to be, then I will get it. If it is not meant to be, then He will provide something else. I am not even slightly worried.
Ya know, yesterday and today I was into 2 Peter. There is a lot of incredible wisdom in his letters, I am really enjoying and currently learning the importance of "Godly habits." You can read about these habits and properties in 2 Peter 1:5-8. It gives kind of an outline to building a long lasting faith. "8For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ." BAM! It doesn't get spelled out any clearer than that. Those words just really jump out to me, as if to say doing this=strong faith. I like it when the words speaks to me in an equation-like format. So often it is not that simple, there is always so many influences and "what ifs" that go through your mind. With 5-8, even with surrounding verses you don't and can't get that. Plain as day it says very clearly what the command is. Then God directed my attention to James 4:6. All too often I get so proud, and almost have this "better than thou" mentalitity. I desire to change this part of me, and must if I am to be an effective solider for Christ.
There is this new t.v. series on the National Geographic channel called America's Port. When I watch this show, I am reminded why this was my passion for so long. I am reminded why I went to school in Michigan for a year at The Great Lakes Maritime Academy. The show gives me a little bit of a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach, when I realize that the dream I had is no longer a reality. There were a lot of factors that played a role in why it didn't work out, but when push comes to shove, my health would not allow me to do that job. It is incredibly sad, but at the same time I know who I live for. I know that he has something far greater than my desire to be a captain of a ship. I am going to just keep doing what I am doing and keep my eyes on the prize.
I am to be at work tomorrow at 6:30, so it is off to bed for me! :-) Good night readers, God bless you on this day! (I mean that too).

No comments: