Sunday, May 18, 2008

stay strong in the faith

Today was a very good Sunday. I went to Pathway (my church) and listened to an amazing sermon. I just don't have my journal with me right now and can't give the quoted verses, except maybe for Proverbs 13:20, I remember that one because Pastor Ron had us repeat it like 10 times during the service. The sermon was about the influence of friends. When you really think about it, it is HUGE. Who impacts a teenager more than anyone else in their life? Their friends. Who do they spend the most time with.....their friends. I wish I would have known what I know now about the impact of friends when I was 17, and understood the importance of Proverbs 13:20. BUT, now I can try to teach and exemplify this idea to others. ~HUGE CHALLENGE~

I took this kid Nick to the movies this afternoon. We went to the dollar movies, and saw Drillbit Taylor.......and although Nick liked it, I thought it was pretty stupid. lol. it was funny, but ohh so stupid. Nick & I had a really good time. Can't wait to keep friendship going when I get back from Arizona & Michigan.

THEN, on to Collateral. ANOTHER AMAZING MESSAGE. It was about how you must be in the word ohh so often, constantly feeding yourself. Man does not live on bread alone, but on the word of God. Deuteronomy 8: 2-3 the areas of my life that I stumble in, I do so when I become distanced from the word of God. NOT IN THE WORD=Mikey will fail It is a simple equation really, proven time and time again. I am so excited for my trip to Arizona. So excited for every aspect of it.

G'Night

No comments: