Saturday, October 10, 2009

F-O-U-R S-Q-U-A-R-E PARTY!!!

I have been reading this book a lot! I had to read it for my Applied Leadership class, and then write a review over it as well as answer some key questions. It took forever, but I got it done, and should be studying Spanish. . . more. The poem below was actually in this Leadership/management book. I liked it a lot. So I will share it with you.

An old man, going a lone highway,
Came at the evening, cold and gray,
To chasm, vast and deep and wide,
Though which was flowing a sullen tide.
The old man crossed in the twilight dim;
The sullen stream had no fears for him;
But he turned when safe on the other side,
And built a bridge to span the tide.

I will update later, but for now just enjoy this poem. . .

"Old man," said a fellow pilgrin near,
"You are wasting strength with building here;
Your journey will end with the ending day;
You never again must pass this way;
You have crossed the chasm, deep and wide--
Why build you thr bridge at the enentide?"
The builder lifted his old gray head:

"Good friend, in the path I have come." he said,
"There followeth after me today
A youth whose feet must pass this way.
This chasm that has been naught to me
To that fair-haired youth may a pit-fall be,
He, too, must cross in the twilight dim;
Good friend, I am building the bridge for him."

Then I headed to the Four Square party. One of the leaders has a really amazing 4 square set up in his garage. He has had a couple of these before. THEY ARE ALWAYS A HIT!! P.S. It is not Box Ball, it is Four Square. Box Ball is something entirely different. :o) Thanks Janice.
I wish this picture was better quality, but it is not. I wish I had more, but I do not. There was a bon fire, foose ball, music, frisbee golf, and awesome other things. It was so good to be with the kids. But what was even better was I got to spend 11:30PM-1:30AM just talking with Sam and his brother Ben. Sam is the leader who lives at this house, and ben is his brother. . . obviously because I already said that. It was amazing fellowship, and I am so blessed to have gotten to spend that time with them. It meant a lot to me, and I want more of that. FELLOWSHIP IS IMPORTANT TO ME!

No comments: