Tuesday, October 13, 2009


I woke up early today. My alarm was set for 5AM! This is super early for me. The thing that bothered me was not the fact of my early morning, it was the fact that I had a restless night. I woke up at 1AM and thought it was time to go. When I looked at my phone, I couldn't hardly believe I had 4 more hours before it was officially time for me to get up. Those four hours were full of me thinking, praying, and thinking about Janice. So, I guess it was not too bad. I thought I was going to sleep really well. Right before I went to bed, Janice and I had some amazing conversation that really left me feeling extremely confident about "us," and I was internally at peace. I can't explain why I didn't sleep well, but I didn't. Finally, it really was time to go, and I GOT! I had showered the night before, so I just ate some cheerioes and headed out. I got some GA$ and made the treck all the way on the South side of town, near the airport. It was a good 30 minute drive. When I arrived at the elementary school I would be subbing at, I had to first get into the building. Since I did not have an electronic key fuab, or whatever they are called, the lady (very sick lady) I was subbing for met me there at 6:15AM to let me in. I got there a little bit early, so I took a picture of what it was like. It was very eerie. For sure a Fall morning. Check out the picture below.
When I got into the school, I had a few minutes to prepare the paperwork, get games out, and a few other things. (Maplewood Elementary)

This is the most organized childcare I have ever experienced. The lady who runs this is really good at what she does. The kids behavior shows just that too. You run a tight ship, and the kids will respond accordingly (for the most part, there are exceptions of course).

Once the kids' school started, I figured, "Well, since I am out by the airport, I might as well head over there and read my BSF notes for the week." It was a good decision, and I felt closer to Janice while I was going through the notes. I directly relate airplanes with Janice. I get a certain comfort from them now a days. I got to see 2 landings, and 1 take off. Nothing compared to some of the major airports, but for Fort Wayne, I suppose it is not too shabby. The notes were extremely good. I applied so much of them directly to my life, and I love it when the Holy Spirit challengs me. It is a good challenge.

(Indian Village)
The kid pictured above was so cute,
he asked me if I wanted to hear a song,
I of course said "yes." So, he sang me the
he he he

At 3pm, I went to a new Elementary School. It was Indian Village this time. Again, I was lucky because the kids were great. I just got to have fun with them, and all was hunky dorie.

The day ended with me going to the YMCA to work out. I love God, Janice, my Parents, George, and the fact that my car is still running the most today. These are the things that I am most thankful for on this specific day. :-)


Anonymous said...

sounds great.. glad you had a eventful EARLY day.. haha.. join the rest of us poor saps who get up and are on the road by 5am.. early morning is a special calm peaceful quiet time that you just gotta love.. even if you'd rather be sleeping.. its the cause that matters not the personal sacrifice..

Mikey said...

In deed, I like that too. Because it really is the cause, life is so short, who cares if we have to get up a little early. Thanks for the comment.