Sunday, October 18, 2009

FOOTBALL

Dave talked about Proverbs 3:5-6 today. A verse I would say I am extremely familiar with. But, today we talked about it in a different way. In a way that made me look at it and myself differently. Lean not on my own understanding is far deeper than I knew it to be before. Or maybe even deeper than I want it to be, because it means I need to go deeper both internally and in my own understanding, or acceptance of not understanding. I have been thinking about it all day, and will probably continue to do so.
Now, I am not competitive, or good at sports, but this morning at church I was invited to go play some 2-hand tap with some guys I knew from high school. I agreed, and when I finished meeting up with the guys from my Applied Leadership class, I drove out past Grabill (far away) and played some football with the boy. It was a lot of fun, and while it probably did not help my lower back, I wouldn't have traded it for anything. The guys were genuine, and I had a really good time. Now I dropped the ball more times than catching it, but when it mattered, I CAME THROUGH! I was the one who caught the ball after the game was tied up, and I was at the right place at the right time. It felt good, even though I acted like it was no big deal.

There was a leader meeting then at 5:00, it was real good, and inspirational as always. And eventually a Bible study with the Young Life guys.

No comments: