Sunday, September 02, 2007

LOVE

Today, the lesson taught that LOVE, is the very essence of following Jesus.

1.) Love is commanded: Jesus commands us to love over and over in the Bible.

-"Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it. Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." [Matt22:37-40]


2.) Love is exemplified: We (Christians) can show we love others just as Jesus did

-wash the feet of others

-don't scoff at leppers

-cry for people you lose

-make others more important than yourself


3.) Love is our identity: As Christians we must set ourselves apart. What better way to do this than to make ourselves known for loving. I wrote a side not on this one. Instead of people saying "ohhh, he/she is a hypocrit," I would much rather have them say, "he/she is really loving."




Great worship service today, great message. We also had communion, at Pathways we have open communion. This simply means you take the symbols of God's flesh and blood and take them on your own time after reflection and prayer. At first I didn't really like it too much, I think that is just because I was so use to taking communion when the pastor told me to. I am beginning to really like this open format.




When the service was over, a man that was sitting to the left of me came up to me and shook my hand. He introduced himself and told me that I looked very familiar to him. At first I didn't know where the connection was. He said, "well, it doesn't matter, I can tell your heart is in the right place, thank you for worshiping next to me today." My eyes opened wider and I said, thanks. We got to talking a bit, and my face seemed familiar because of the news papers articles written about me. ALSO, at the beginning of the service, a man named Joe Dickason came up to me and shook my hand. The face was really familiar but couldn't remember from where. He donated some items to my auction. We cought up a little bit, and it was really nice. It's so neat to see how people come in and out of your life at diferent points. Above is a picture of the items he donated to me. He makes these with different types of unique wood from all over the place.

No comments: