Wednesday, April 01, 2009

a day in the life of Mikey

Today was good, I slept in today. Yesterday, I worked out hardcore. I mean I really got in a good and intense work out. My body was tired from all angles, and when I went to sleep, at 8:45P.M., I did not wake up this morning until 8:00A.M. Almost 12 hours of sleep did me good. When I finally got around, I went to work.Yep, at the YMCA spring break camp, there are kids brought in from all different sites all around the city. It is cool because there is intense diversity, and you get to see all sorts of kids. I love it, especially when I get to play with them during free time outside on the play ground, or during a rousing game of Kick Ball. I fit right in with 5-13 year old kids. When I am out there, it is always, "Mr. Mikey, look at what I can do," or, "Mr. Mikey, will you help me up on this pole, or that bar." It is great, so many cute children.

When I got out of work @ 5P.M., I went directly to school. I had to write a 2-3 page paper over an article I had not yet found. So, I found an article and wrote the paper.This is a picture of me in a cozy little corner of a computer lab that is found in the basement of one of the buildings on campus.
When I was leaving campus, I saw that there was a cop sitting and watching an area where I was pulled over and given a ticket for not coming to a complete stop. ~CLICK HERE~ to see the BLOG POST that talks about that day, almost a year ago. And check out what happened today. . . So I was being super careful, I saw that there was a cop sitting in the same exact spot he (NOT the same officer) was sitting at last year when I got cited. So, I pulled out of the parking garage to the first stop sign, and came to a super complete stop; I had to have been stopped for at least 3 seconds, then took a left, and did the same at the next stop sign. I was getting ready to take a left, and when I was about half way through the intersection, I SLAMMED on my breaks, and came to a screeching halt because there was a black Mercedes Benz that did not stop what-so-ever. There was a girl driving and talking on her cell phone. If I would not have come to a screeching halt, she would have broad sided me. I was so stunned, I just pulled in front of the copper, and rolled down my window. I said to him, "are you going to do something?" And he then pulled out, turned around, passed me (because I had pulled over so he would not be behind me), and went after this girl who had pulled off into an auxiliary parking area, possibly so as not to be seen. Well, he saw her and him and his assistant officer got out of their car and hopefully gave her a stern talking to. It was messed up. LOL, kind of ironic though. :o) I am sure glad I was paying attention, or else I would have gotten SMASHED into.

Then I went home and read my BSF notes, and did my Bible study. I really liked it, and took this from it. In studying Numbers 20 & 21 I see and learn that The places of my former defeat can become places of great victory. In my weakness, God is made strong. It is so true, and I am so thankful to be loved by an all consuming God. So eternally thankful.

P.S. It takes 30-45 minutes to post an average BLOG post. You take that amount of time, multiplied by the amount of BLOG posts I have (820), well you get a lot of time spent on making a BLOG. Truly, it is nice to take a slight break from. I do love this BLOG though.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hi Mikey,
I am so glad that God kept you safe today and that you weren't broad sided by that girl. I wonder how many times God protects us and we don't even know it. It sure is good to be in His hands. Sounds like you are keeping busy with your job, school and Bible study. Bob and I have been praying for you. Hugs, Karen