Tuesday, March 06, 2007

SILENCE

Tuesdays are small group nights for me. I love my small group. I love the people in it, and i love God. I think thats all you really need in order to have a successful Christian small group. I feel like i can express myself in a comfortable setting that i trust all people in it. Tonight we watched a NOOMA video titled Noise.

I really appriciated everything in the video because it puts a lot of things in perspective for me. The basic lesson of the movie is.....How often do we take time out of our busy lives to "Listen" to God. All to often we just want to cram as much media, and entertainment into our silent times as we possibly can. Look at Mini-Vans, and SUV's. They make them now with individual entertainment systems for each passenger. The kids can be playing video games in the back. The front passenger can be watching a movie, or surfying the web. And the Driver can be listening to the radio. WOW! Where is the time set aside for God? When do we set aside time to give to GOD, to let God talk to us. In our society of Immideate gratification, we are to use to an immideate fix. If you want food...Go to a fast food joint. If you want entertainment, turn on the T.V. or Radio. If you want conversation where you can get feedback, pick up your cell phone. If you want to get in touch with someone, paige them, or text them. And we have this thinking for God sometimes too. You pray, and ask God a question. You tell him, "please god, give me a sign!" "Make the shutters blow in the wind, or make the lights flicker!" When in reality, for our own sake. We should shut off all things that want our attention. Shut our eyes, and ears, and LISTEN TO THE LORD! You must have faith, and you must realize that it is not on your time schedule. God provides for his sheep, and is so amazingly awesome!
I was really challenged to listen to GOD.
M/S UPDATE:
Okay, so today i had to go to Redi-med. My left ear has been bothering me for about 3 weeks. It always feels like there is an immense Wax build up. BUT NO WAX. well it was just an irritation. But this morning when I woke up to a sharp pain in my left ear, it was no longer an irritation, but a pain! OUCH! so, i told the rents, and we had the doc. at redimed check it out.....It was fairly inconclusive. I hope it isn't M/S related....but i have a feeling in my gut that it is. There was no inflamation, no wax build up, no scarring. And, it is happening only on the left side. I HOPE IT ISN'T, but it probably is......

No comments: