Tuesday, February 19, 2008

he's got the whole world, in his hands

(10:47AM) post
Haley Chaney Update 2-18-08 Evening

Haley Chaney's CarePage at Lutheran Hospital was updated this evening at 11:21 pm. I will copy the text and post it with the comments at the bottom of the original posting about the accident. Here is a little bit:

To our family and friends…all of you who have held Haley before the Lord. We love and appreciate you so much!

We finished day 6. As of 6pm tonight, Haley is breathing without the help of a respirator. All the tubes still remain. She is doing great! Praise God for getting us this far! All of her vitals remained excellent today. They will see how she does tonight.

Tomorrow is a big day. Sometime in the morning they will take her off of the sedatives. ___________________________________________________



I wanted to do something different today. I wanted to be special. I wanted to stand out in a unique and unforgetable way. Instead, I went through the motions and wondered what "could have been." I went to Snider during one of Mrs. Honig's class with Tom to talk with some of the kids about decision making. I thought it went pretty good. My classes were really rushed today, and I didn't put as much time as I should have into them. UGHHHHH, I don't like that.
___________________________________________________
This was updated by someone around 7:30 P.M. and I will just post it for what it is. I don't know who posted it, but here is the second hand information I got.
Haley had a decent night. The CAT scan this morning seemed to shownothing worse than yesterday and maybe even some improvement. They did asurgery last night for a brain monitor to be placed in her head tomonitor her progress. Yesterday her pressure was at a 4 (3 is a coma),after the procedure she is up to a 10 (12 is normal). They are concernedbecause she has bleeding in all four lobes of her brain. She is stilllisted at critical and could be in the hospital for 2-3 months. At best she may require long term rehab. Pray that the damaged spots on the brain will be healed and the blood would be absorbed and go away. It is also vital that there be no more swelling.
God bless, and keep praying for Haley!

No comments: