Monday, February 25, 2008

God is so GOOD TO ME!

I talked on the phone with a lady today. Okay here is the deal. I created my web-site a while ago; it is called SurvivingMS.com and the main goal was to give people an outlet by being able to relate to someone who has and is going through struggles created by Multiple Sclerosis. Well, this lady called me upset and in a very sad frame of mind. I talked with her and assured her that everything would be okay. Her words in an E-Mail sent to me were very powerful and I will post them for everyone to see.

Mikey,
Words can not express what our phone conversation meant to me. I truly believe it was from God. My husband had just left the house to take our two kids to the doctor, and the house was silent. So I just lost it. I'm racking my brain to figure out how to call. I had to talk to somebody, I was in panic mode for sure. I dialed three seperate numbers....no one answered. So I said o.k God, your telling me I'm not meant to talk to these people. So I sat down at my laptop and google the words...."Surviving MS" Your blog poped up. I read through your blog and checked out your China experience, then I called you. Something I would never ordinarilly dol.
You gave me hope and peace. When I hung up the phone I was instantly calmed. I can't thank you enough for you ministry to others. I will be in touch.
All The Best,
Leigh **** *****
Leigh **** *****, Photographic Artist

This woman is also an amazing photographer. It was so good for me to hear her speak. I love honesty, and I am not afraid of it. I understand that feeling she had of helplessness. It is powerful just to be able to speak to someone who KNOWS what you are going through. I have had many phone calls from people who are scared and just don't know what to do, or don't know what their options are. But for Leigh Anne to just come out and say, "I can't thank you enough for your ministry to others." Well, that makes my eyes tear up. When I take a step back and realize what it really is, that's exactly right. The more I allow God to seep into every crack of my life, the more I am blessed for it. I don't deserve anything for my obedience, but he gives EVERYTHING! Sometimes it can be a bit much for me to take in. I am taken by it at times. God does have some big plans for me, and I am pumped for it!

There was the last season meet for the gymnastics girls tonight. It was Senior night and Jackie Cottrell and Kaitlin Gengler were celebrated. They will be missed especially by their coaches that have been with them for a million years. Me on the other hand, I am kind of happy the season is dwindling down, I have some other things that could really use my attention. I got to see Laura Wight perform which was pretty darn cool considering I didn't even know she was in gymnastics. I saw a couple of other familiar faces as well. Mrs. Wight, it is always a pleasure to see your smiling face. :-)

When I got home I got to have a great phone conversation with my good friend Scott Bushell from Sydney Austraila. I captured some of the conversation on my phone. CHECK IT OUT!

My computer keeps acting up, the sound keeps failing on me and I have no idea why. My CPU usage sky rockets and then everything slows down. I wish it would just work correctly. I have a busy day tomorrow. I have to try to make it to Snider during lunch as well. There are some kids that I just really want to love on. Love is a powerful thing ya know. It's so great, it is free and doesn't end as long as you have a heart that will continually dish it out.

Prayer is powerful, every night I spend time deep in prayer. I found an incredible BLOG tonight that had some amazing things to say about prayer, and how it is a tool given to us to connect with Abba. I can't do it justice because my brain is pretty sleepy at the moment, BUT prayer is powerful and I just love me some prayer.

The internet is pretty darn cool too. My friend Scott who is on the other side of the world is able to talk with me and send me video of himself LIVE! This just blows me away. I'm loving it. I am going to go to bed now.

1 comment:

Eric said...

Hi Mikey..thanks for the kind visit..and the kind comment that you had just posted a while ago.
God is eventually a Supreme Being and a Good God...we are so much blessed that we have Him as our Father,brother,Creator,Saviour.
I just wanna read your testimony in China..hope you can share it with me...
I have some testimony in my blog too..pls check them out.