Sunday, March 08, 2009

Don't wory Sunday, you get your own spot.

So it's strange, I did not want to SKIP my Saturday BLOG post, but when I attempted to post from my cell phone yesterday, it said that it posted, but apparently did not post. That is sad, but I took care of it okay I thought. This morning, we went to a huge church near Louisville. It was called Southeast Christian Church and let me tell you, it was almost too big. Although I did feel like I was in one of those massive televangelist buildings, I have to admit the message was pretty good. When I walked up to it, I was talking and thinking "ohh man, this place is too big, it is bigger than a mall, people come and hear the wrong things here." When I should have been praying that I hear a good message, as well as everyone else who would hear the word delivered that morning in that church. Here is what the service spoke to me, ~NOTES STYLE~
  • Enjoy life to the fullest
  • Life is short, give it your all Ecc 9:10
-Your work should give you joy, and can give you joy.
- Ecc 3:13 says to be satisfied in all things, this is the gift of God.
~THIS HIT'S ME~
  • The race is long, stick with it
-Matt 16:24 says you have to take up your cross daily.
-Matt 7:13-14 talks about the wide and narrow gates
  • Your hour will come, be ready for it.
-Impact lives, do it for the sake that God did it for us "me" (everyone).

On the ride home, it kind of hit me how much responsibility was on my shoulders. As I looked in my rear view window, I saw responsibility in two different ways. The first way was of course the physical responsibility, if I flip the car I could kill everyone. That one is important, but the even greater responsibility was that of the Spiritual significance. Setting an example, and leading a life that is a representation of Christ.

Dave church was real good, I was really tired by the time I listened to the message, but the fellowship, especially with George was what got me. And that is what it is really all about. Showing and feeling love.

No comments: