Monday, March 09, 2009

first day of Spring Break

Now the thing that is a little bit disappointing about my Spring Break, is the fact that I still have to wake up at 5:22A.M. and be at work at 6:30. I knew that going away for SB was not going to be an option this year, but I sincerely wanted to be able to sleep in a bit. It is okay that I can't though. That's just life.

My parents got their T.V. taken care of right nicely I would say. They had some installers/electricians come in and just make it all look real perdy. Now the T.V. swivels, comes out, tips, and all sorts of stuff. We have all the right cables, and it looks and works great. It really shows that American's are centered around their television. I am not saying it is wrong in any way, in fact I am reaping the benefits of having such a nice T.V., but when I have a family, I want to try to make the focal point of my main living space not the T.V., I don't know how yet, but just want to throw that out there. BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) was amazing tonight. God really nudged me tonight in the lecture. This week we went through Numbers 15-19 and the part that got to me was intentional sin. Jack, the speaker made a comment, almost in passing about how it is very dangerous to sin, doing so with the mindset that you can just ask for forgiveness. It is almost making the act of seeking God's grace and mercy on our own behalf like rubbing a lucky rabbits foot. It is pointless if you aren't sincere. 1 John 1:9 says, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." This is true, but if you can not humble yourself before the Lord in the first place....well, I think that is where it starts getting a little dangerous. It sure did prove that way for the Israelites.

No comments: