Wednesday, March 04, 2009

intense energy

{I tell you what, today was non-stop it seemed. As soon as I got out of work (8:45AM) this morning I went directly to the YMCA to work out. I did a hard ALL BODY work out, AND i just hope I can sleep tonight. For the past 3 nights, my body has waken/woken me up at 3am, and not allowed me to go back to bed....it's horrible. It was awesome going 2 the high school, & Young Life was soo good tonight. The best part was that NICKY CAME!! I was so insanely happy! It made my month, easily. I put so much energy into YL, it is a passion. BUT, i seem to suck when i'm put on the spot in front of kids. Not that i'm nervous, I just seem to suck at it. It was a real sweaty night too. Plus....more good news......NO MORE COFFEE CAFÉ!! That makes me excited. I am blogging from my phone right now, and it is time for me to go to bed. I hope i sleep well....i really do.}

** ADDED AT A LATER TIME**
(Taking action)

Ashley (woman with prego belly to left of girl in pink shirt) gave the talk tonight. It was about taking action in Christ. She gave a really awesome example about her and Josh's (her husband & Young Life are director) engagement. She told the story, which was very movie like, and built up suspense to the part where he actually asked her, "will you marry me?" She explained that if she would have just said, "ohh my gosh, this is so awesome, thanks for doing all these amazingly nice and things, and saying all those wonderful words Josh, YOU ARE THE BEST!" But, did not reply to his invitation of actually getting married, well there would be something extremely lacking. She said, that if she wouldn't have responded to Josh, and then went and told all her friends about the engagement story, they would all be like, "YOU DIDN'T RESPOND, ARE YOU CRAZY?!?" There would have been something extremely lacking there. She correlated this story to the concept of Jesus putting out the great message of salvation, and people just hearing it, and agreeing that it is a nice and novel idea, but by not taking action on it, the whole point would be missed. Living for Christ, takes action! This does not mean everyone needs to carry TRACKS and spread the message of Christ on the street corner. It means sincerely accepting that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and trying to live your life according to what he tought and stood for.

G'Night!!

-Grace&Peace

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey mikey, i guess i get the concept of what you are trying to say, as far as grasping the moment and responding to it in kind. BUT, what if you hear the word and are touched but let it sit in your heart for a while and contemplate it. AND maybe you don't agree after some thought with all you hear or are offered. Is that wrong? I personally attended church my whole early life and attended parochial school k-8 and enjoyed it immenseley.BUT at this point in my life while i still acknowledge God and believe in him i do not attend any church and have not for years. Have i missed out on my "marriage proposal" with God? I hope not but i have taken time to think it through and i cant commit to a all believing concept. What are your thoughts on this? i would greatly appreciate your response. Have a great tgif

Mikey said...

Well, I have heard this conversation before. I know the "churchy" answer would go something like this. Even the demons recognize the authority of Jesus Christ Mark 5:1-19 shows that. So, now that I got that out of the way, here is some Mikey food for thought. It's not much, but all I can dish up for ya>>> The path is narrow my friend. I know from my personal walk with the Lord, that I have come across many more individuals who are not sold on this whole Jesus Christ idea, than those who are. BUT, I kid you not, the individuals who give themselves, in body, mind, and soul to a God who is much greater than them. A God who is uncomprehending in many ways, are some of the most fulfilled people I know. Not happy, not unburdened, or troubled, but FULFILLED! They have a purpose, but most of all, they have eternal significance. I know the concept of giving yourself to something you can not physically touch is a hard one to grasp. But, to someone who has given themselves fully, they can't imagine a life without it. I wish you could come to Dave church with me on Sunday nights. I wish you could experience the God I experience with people who have all chosen to devote their lives to Him. I wish you could see our broken admiration to the God of love. Maybe you would better understand how we are the richest people on the face of the Earth. I probably got a little off track, but I am really glad you asked a question, just from a surfacy impression, I felt it was sincere. I also hope that I gave you a glimpse into my thought process that was coherent, even if you disagree.

Anonymous said...

mikey, thank you so much for your reply, and i fully appreciate it and am so very happy for you that you have the beliefs that you do. I dont however understand the kind of "us" and "the rest of you" mentality that you express about your relationship with God toward the end of your post. your thoughts on how to worship god are yours, and others have their thoughts and ideas on how to worship god, and they too are correct, right? can't we be fulfilled with our lives, children, grandchildren, friends, family, jobs, etc. and still have a relationship with god. I don't feel i have ever done or acted so bad in any way that i have to give my life to god to repent. my first reply was very sincere, not surfacy sincere, as is this one. i am very happy for you and wish you the best. Been darn near two years i have been following you now and i have never met you in my life but i always wish for the best for you. i feel the best is yet to come and i will be happy to watch it unfold, even from a distance. best wishes and thanks for replying to my posts. look forward to talking to you in the future..
P.S. nice shoes, really nice

Mikey said...

You couldn't be more right, I do make a large distinction between the saved and unsaved. God does not love those who accept Him more than those who do not accept Him. BUT, there are those who are chosen (US) and there are those who are not ready to believe in an omnipotent all present all everything God (the rest of you). It sounds judgmental when I make the separation between Jews & Gentiles, but it was Christ himself, yes the very son of God who declared "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." >>Matt 7:13-14" Grandchildren, family, jobs, and friends can all be things we can be proud of, and even cause much joy in our lives, BUT none of them can save your soul. We all deserve to burn in hell (pardon my reality check), no matter how "good" we appear from the outside, but it is only by the Grace of God that He gives us the opportunity for something so GREAT!! All he asks is that we submit ourselves to Him in accordance with His great plan. That we accept His son for who He was, and live accordingly. It's simple, yet as Christ said, "the path is narrow."

I'll be here, to put my life out there for anyone who takes interest. You are a blessing to me, and I appreciate that you are so honest with me.