Tuesday, August 19, 2008

keep your coins, I want change

I woke up this morning ready for some change. Now it doesn't have to be massive in your face change, but maybe it could be, that would be alright with me. I could think of a few specific things that I wanted to address, and I DID!

I am so stuck on this whole idea about accepting the fact that as humans we are sinful beasts. Nothing in us is good, but with eyes directed towards Christ, all things are possible. This is no easy task. It takes diligence, daily surrender, and many limitations. God places limits on his people all through out the Bible. Dang did they need um too, and when they didn't follow them, they were not happy. If I can apply this to my life, I see very clearly that I must place limits on things, and follow closely to those limits. This is the change I strive for, and get ever closer every time the sun passes through the sky.

I wanna share this picture, it is really pretty cool. What if you walked into a bathroom and the floor had a painting on it. Not just any painting though, I am talking about a "special painting." Check this out.Man, that could really distract a person. Especially if there was a little music playing in the back ground, something like air blowing by, just the whistles from high altitude wind blowing by. Man, I wonder if you could even concentrate on doing your business. Maybe it wouldn't look very realistic if you were sitting on the pot, but.......maybe it would. I had a good day at work today. I am starting a rapport with the kids, and starting to create relationships. Half the struggle is remembering their names. Once I conquer that part, everything else will just kind of fit into place I figure.

Back to the change topic. I'm not worried about changing multitudes of people. I think that if I can really work on a very specific and lasting change in my own heart, I believe it will pay off in due time. Especially if it is sincere and real. I don't think I have any more to say today. I'll be thinking though, I am always thinking. ;-)

life is a struggle though....I struggle, I hate struggle, but I am learning more and more about it as I live life.

2 comments:

The Hands said...

Mikey, I can't express how exciting it is to see you grow in your "walk". I know that you don't have as many people posting on your blog anymore, but that doesn't mean that they don't read it. Jesus will use every part of your life-MS, emptiness, humility-all to bring glory to Himself. "It's not I, but Christ that lives in me." Pass on that Grace to others.
Angie

Anonymous said...

Check out Romans 2 and 3
The Word is always helpful if not life-giving!