Wednesday, August 20, 2008

newsletter & Proverbs

Well, yesterday I promised Andrea (site director) at the YMCA that I would create a newsletter which we as a YMCA site are required to do once a month. Since Andrea has a lot on her plate, I said I would take care of it. I am quite proud with my work, so I wanna share it with anyone who wants to read it.It just looks so good! No, but seriously I am proud of it, I have been showing it off like it is something to be proud of.

I made the newsletter at IPFW as soon as I got off work this morning. I also got some running around on campus taken care of while I was there.I didn't know just exactly what to do as far as some Bible searching goes, I wasn't really digging what my devotional was talking about, so I just dug into Proverbs. Here were some that I covered...and really applied. Proverbs 12:1 Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. or 12:13 An evil man is trapped by his sinful talk, but a righteous man escapes trouble. or how about 14:9 Fools mock at making amends for sin, but goodwill is found among the upright. I got just one more because when I read it, I could think of people who it directly applies to....14:13 Even in laughter the heart may ache, and joy may end in grief.

No comments: