Sunday, August 24, 2008

stinky fish & 14 days

Time of REFLECTION, ~STARTER DAY~ Tomorrow will be day 1

I woke up this morning and did not feel a pressing urge to go to church. It wasn't that I did not want to go, I just felt like I could do better at home by myself. SO, once I got into the word I was revealed that I needed to take a break with someone. I was revealed very specifically (Matthew 7:12) "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the law of the prophets." I have not been treating this person in my life like I would want them to treat me. In fact, in several circumstances I have thought to myself, this person should be doing this, or saying this, while all along I am completely and utterly WRONG, sinfully WRONG! It hit me like a pillow case filled with bricks would if someone took a swing. So, after I got through the study, I told this person that I wanted to take 14 days, as a time for me to stop and recognize what it is in my life that is causing me to act the way I have been acting. I said I would get back with them in 14 days and let them know what I have found. For the next two weeks, I am going to be doing a lot of reflecting and thinking about my motives, and things of that nature. I will give updates on what I have found, and if you would please pray that God reveals in me the things that I need to see, I would so greatly appreciate it. I want to fight sin, so that I might become closer to Him. In truth and sincerity, I will find what is causing me to stumble. Excuse me, I meant to say I will allow God to reveal to me what is causing me to stumble. I can do nothing except sin and screw up. Gotta keep those eyes focused on the guy upstairs.Well, after my study I am sitting at home waiting for time to get close to Dave Church and my friend Tony calls. He had a problem with his car yesterday, and it broke down on him and his mom paid to have it towed to his house. Well, it was sitting in his driveway, and I tried jumping it, but no good. Maybe fuel something or other wrong with it. Well, we pushed it into his garage, and all the while, I am thinking....dang dude, it stinks like crap out here, is there like a family of dead raccoons around or something. He said, "naw man, I think it is cuz the pond got drained." Well, of course we had to go check it out.

If you look back a week ago maybe, you will see some crazy neighbor who built the ultimate slip and slide off his roof into the pond, well that pond is no more, and now it is full of dead fish. It is stinking the whole front of the neighborhood. Look at this.There was so many dead fish, some of them were really huge too, like maybe big ole nasty carp. So gross. It was an all surrounding smell of putrid fish guts. At Collateral (college aged church I go to) we did a study about Gideon. If you have been a child of Sunday School, you have heard this story many times. Gideon can be found in Judges 6, it is about trust, and it is really cool. Well, in the sense that God is all powerful, and it paints a picture of what Godly doubt can be. I know, I know, you're saying, Ohhhh you should never doubt or question God, but I don't think that is the case. Gideon tested God, but it was more for reassurance on doing His will. I am babbling right now, so just read it for yourself, and check it out.

Good Night!!! I Start school tomorrow.

No comments: