Sunday, October 26, 2008

Matt came to Dave Church

This morning I took Matt to Grace Gathering, and it was a good sermon...well, I thought it was. After speaking with a friend, I realized that I didn't really walk away with any kind of application when everything was said and done. The underlying message was this, "be content." But didn't really challenge me on the subject. But, then come to find while I begin to prepare to give a sermon at a Young Life gathering.....I don't really know how to give a talk on Christ. "Wait!"says the angel on my right shoulder, "you do too know how to talk about Christ, you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you." "Shut the hell up!" says the devil on my left shoulder, "you know nothing about how to talk to high school kids, you don't even know how to talk to elementary kids, you are pretty much a failure."

I am making this complicated. Just like my English paper, I need to go back to what I know, and expand on it.

shoot, ENGLISH!!! I have to do English tonight. Stupid Précis!!!

I was going to talk about how I took Matt (my cousin) to Dave Church tonight, and how I think he really liked it, but my thoughts and the pulls of the time kind of side tracked me. I should have taken a picture of me and the other Dave Church attendees interacting with Matt, and the fun he had, but I forgot to do that. So, just pretend that there is a picture above of Matt sitting on a couch near Richard, and Rachel just got done making a really good milkshake, and Margie is being a really loving and smiling woman, and Dave is talking some sense into me, and I am just being a goof. That is the picture I wish I could have taken tonight. OK, off to homework time.

Below are some notes I jotted down during Church.

1 tim 6:6-it is not speaking about gaining more things/money, it is speaking about the desire for those things. people @ the bottom want more things just as bad as the people @ the top. luke4:14-21 Christ fulfilled the prophecies. When we are stripped away from everything, this is where we seek Christ the most. Proverbs 30:7-9 IT'S ALL ABOUT BEING CONTENT. Mark 12:41-44 the poor woman gave out of her Faith and even in poverty gave her all.

PEACE......>Grace & Peace that is. :-)

No comments: