Wednesday, October 08, 2008

young life kick off

This morning started out pretty exciting/out of the norm because the lights went out at Lincoln Elementary. I got stories, (from the kids) that hit all over the spectrum of possibilities. One girl told me that the middle school accross the street has a basement where a teacher died in a long time ago, and the lights going out was just a result of her ghost haunting the school. Another kid told me that a transformer blew up. I like the ghost one better.

As soon as I got out of class, I went to Taco Bell (hell) to meet up with Tom (Young Life) staff member to buy some taco's to pass out to kids at Snider during lunch. It was awesome, and the kids were totally loving it hardcore. So many compliments.

So I went into a bathroom at school, and caught a good look at myself in the mirror. I believe my exact reaction was, eeeck."
So, I went to Walgreens and bought some razors for my Gillett Fusion. 8 blades cost like almost $28!! I almost threw up. But, the end result is a good one. Much to my fancy .
THEN THERE WAS THE YOUNG LIFE KICK OFF BASH!!! It was awesome, there were a ton of kids there. A lot of familiar faces, but also a bunch of kids that had never been there before. It was an awesome thing to see. We had a ton of awesome stuff for them. Slip & Slide, MASSIVE PILES OF WHIPPED CREAM/choc. syrup, slippery watermelon toss, soo messy, sooo fun!
It's great to have a post where there are more pictures than words. :-)

No comments: