Sunday, June 24, 2007

The long and sad trip home.

It was a lot harder to leave that hospital than I thought it would be. Everyone on my floor knew when I was leaving too. I think the reality that my treatment was over, and it was time for me to go home became really REAL when a nurse started crying. I went up to her, put my arm around her, and she told me not to go. DANG! She was the prettiest one too. In my head I kept telling myself, "be strong, hold those tears, don't do it....." And even though I managed not to cry in front of her, I was pretty choked up none the less.
We left the hospital at 2:30PM, so around 1ish my mom and I started to say good bye to all our friends. It sucked, and was really hard, especially to this lil lady. I know she will be strong and continue to see awesome results from the stem cell treatment. Our new friends Chris and Melanie had been with us from the very start of our last day in China also. Melanie and my mom went out to get a new suite case to carry all the stuff my MOM and i bought in China. When my mom and Melanie went out, me and Chris stayed back and talked. I am really going to miss all the stories Chris had to tell. He does such a good job of telling them too. I could really improve my story telling skills from Chris. Hopefully I will see him again in the future. I think once I realized I was back in Indiana. I felt super thankful. Thankful to all the people who supported me both emotionally, religiously, and finicially. Because without those people, and everything they did for me, this trip and treatment wouldn't have become a reality. At least not this early in the game. OK, back to the emotions. I am home now, tomorrow I am going to call my boss and try to get my job back, I have some things I have to deal with that hadn't gotten dealt with before I left. I feel like.........OK, back to where everything started. I know I have to just trust that this is where I am suppose to be for the time being. That is ok too. It really is, even though I am pretty unsure about many, many things.........That is ok. It just is.

And so.....I'm HOME

*Accept that some days you're the pigeon,and some days you're the statue.

* Always keep your words soft and sweet,just in case you have to eat them.


* Drive carefully. It's not only cars that can berecalled by their maker.


* If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.


* If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again,it was probably worth it.


* It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply be kind to others.


* Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time,because then you won't have a leg to stand on.


* Nobody cares if you can't dance well.Just get up and dance.


* Since it's the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.


* The second mouse gets the cheese.


* When everything's coming your way,you're in the wrong lane.


* Birthdays are good for you.The more you have, the longer you live.


* You may be only one person in the world,
...but you may also be the world to one person.


* Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.


* We could learn a lot from crayons... Some are sharp,
some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names, and all
are different colors, but they all have to stay in the same box.


*A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

1 comment:

Elect Dan and Becky RIley said...

I went on a missionary trip to Honduras and went through many of the same emotions you are going through on leaving. I think your letter and present to Lynn was great. I am proud of you cousin for the courage and faith you demonstrated in going to China for treatment and for your witness.

As I returned form Honduras, I had cleared customs in Houston and went through immigration. I was tired, hungry ( a constant state for a Riley), and releived to be back in the US after a long time away. The immigration agent looked at my passport, chatted with me about where I had been and what I had done. I said something to him about how great the US is and how blessed we were here. He smiled at me and said the same thing I will end this message to you.

"Welcome Home Sir"

Cousin Dan