Friday, June 22, 2007

Last Day in China

My last day in China is kind of a sad one. I am quite dissapointed I must leave this land of crazy taxi drivers and beautiful women. I don't want to depart from the masses of people and the high flying kites. I will miss the pushy elevator bound morning people and the loud Chinese conversations. I know for a fact that I will miss my friend Lynn. Although I did get a chance to have my friend Angel translate a letter for her. Maybe I shouldn't publish it, but I am going to anyways, just because I think that this kind of thing is important. God definately put it on my heart to be extra kind to this girl, and then I just really had it made clear to me that I needed to find a way to witness to her. So this is the letter I had translated for her. I will give it to her tomorrow with a Chinese translated Bible.

Dear Lynn,
It has been amazing getting to know you during my short stay in China. You have tought me many things I will remember for a long time. The first lesson I have learned from you is never to give up. You are a very strong individual and you work very hard at your goal of wanting to walk again. It makes me look at life, and the ability to walk and move about how I please differently. From that I have learned not to take LIFE for granted. You are very special Lynn, when I go home, I will continue to pray for you every day. I will pray that you continue to heal, and that some day you will be able to walk again. Never doubt yourself, the mind and body is a very powerful tool. You can do it if you believe you can. I will miss you a lot, and I am so thankful God brought you into my life, even for a short time. Your smile lights up a room, and you are very special, you have wonderful parents who care about you a lot. Be thankful for that.

One last thing I would like to leave with you. I would like to share the most important gift I can give; a gift that money can not buy. The gift is the love of Jesus Christ. Jesus is a very real part of my life, he is in control of every part of me. I hope you have been able to see the love of Jesus through me. He is so important. I will pray that Jesus touches your heart, Lynn. And if you would like to have Jesus in your heart, it is so simple. You can talk to him at any time. Just close your eyes, and pray. Pray that Jesus would come into your heart, and your life. Pray that you may better understand the love of God. He hears you any time you speak to him. He always listens, and he always cares. I have lived quite an interesting life, I have experienced many things, but the most important thing I have found in life is a good relationship with Jesus Christ. He loves and cares more about you, me, and every human on the earth more than we can ever understand. He died on a Cross for man's sins, it's not crazy, it's not a fictional story, but a true event. I have decided to give you a copy of an English/Chinese Bible just in case you ever decide you would like to learn about Jesus. Also, I would like to give you my E-Mail address. When you are up and walking again notify me by E-Mail and I will have to plan another trip to China to come visit you. Thank you Lynn, for being you. Keep smiling, and stay strong. The world needs more people like you.
God bless,
Mikey
mobileRILEY@gmail.com

Here is a good verse to start with if you are interested. PSALMS 119:33-40
Yea, you like that. One of the ladies that works for Beike painted this for me. I absloutly love it. I couldn't ask for a better gift. It is so uber Chinese. Definately made my day. he he My friend Chris and some of his lady friends came over to the hospital room tonight and my mom cooked up some yummy home cooked meal. It was quite nice, and me and Chris (friend from the U.K.) had some real hearty conversation. I loved every second of it. I am really happy that this man came into my life when he did. It all happened for a reason, and I am digging it. This nurse approached me as I was walking down the hall way with my lap top to go to the computer room to write my BLOG. She kind of pulled me to the side and told me how much she was going to miss me. She told me that I had done a lot for the 10th floor patients. She told me how much everyone has appriciated me being here, and told me that she would miss me a lot. I gave her a hug and said I would miss her too. Then she looked at me in the eyes with a pretty serious face and asked, "will you remember me?" I assured her that I would, but I think I was suppose to get more out of what she was saying to me. I pray that the foreign patients that come through this hospital can touch these patients in a very positive way. That the love of Christ can effect them in a very powerful fashion. In no way did she say it, but it was almost as if she said, will you pray for me please. Very interesting. I am not going to get a chance to take any more pictures of this place when I leave...Obvioiusly. I figuer I can't take to many. This is a pic. of me in the computer room where I have been doing my blog every night for the past 5 weeks. I have enjoyed every minute of it, and I hope ya'll back home know how much fun I had doing it. God bless all the readers.
Good night,
Mikey

No comments: