Friday, December 12, 2008


This is what it looked like when we arrived to BOYNE. It was rocking, and there was so much snow I couldn't hardly believe it. We skied hard all day, and it was amazing. It felt so good to get on the hills.When we were done for the day, we headed to my friend Garry's house. Well, it was more of a cabin, actually it was completely a cabin. It wasn't 4 star accomodations, but worked perfectly well. I was forever grateful for Garry and his roomies to put us up for the evening. 7 guys in a tiny cabin would be overwhelming for most people, but they did it.

We decided that BOYNE didn't have the right stuff that we wanted to SKI. Some of the guys wanted to really hit up some terrain stuff. BOYNE, just didn't have enough open yet. So, for the second day of sking, we went to Crystal Mountain. We had to drive for about 1 1/2 hours to get to Crystal, and on the way there, we stopped in Traverse City (the city I lived in for about a year when I was going to school up in Michigan). We stopped at a MC Donalds that was right accross the street from the Grate Lakes Maritime Academy.

It was almost a strange feeling to see the old city and school. Brought back a lot of memories, and what not. The picture above sure does show how much snow they get up there in Michigan. The picture above shows the GLMA building. Behind it is the 225 foot training ship, State of Michigan. I didn't get a chance to take a photo of it, because of time. When we got to Crystal Mountain, it was such a perfect day of ski/snowboarding. Everyone was happy, everyone got a long.

Now here is a video taken while we were at BOYNE. It shows how much fun I was having, and I think it portrays the connection between my friends and I. Sorry for those of you who can not watch YouTube videos. :-( It was just so much easier to upload it this way.

We drove home then.This is Jeremy. He was the driver for the trip. It was my dad's van, but I am not allowed to drive my parents vehicles. When I was 18, I had to sign a paper from their insurance company that said I would not touch their vehicles. So, Jeremy said he would do the driving.This is what it looked like most of the way home. It was crazy icy, and we plugged right on through. That was my SKI trip. It was totally fun, and I am extremely glad I went on it. I felt it was much....not needed, but possibly deserved. After all the hard work I put in at school this semester, it was nice to take a break.

1 comment:

Megan said...

nice hat! Looks like you had a lot of fun! :)