Saturday, October 06, 2007

and I said.....IT WAS SO GOOD

There were so many good, God things today. Here are a few....

I woke up late and my house was empty. It is so nice to have my parent's house all to myself. So, what did I do? I woke up late, laid upon my couch, indulged in television, then got around. I worked out hardcore. I even managed to pull this candid shot of myself benching some serious Iron. gotta love that camera timer option....

After I got cleaned up I really felt convicted to go and see my old youth pastor speak at a Mennonite church that he has been speaking at for the past couple of month's. There was only a handful of people there, but I knew I was suppose to be there. Amanda accompanied me/drove me and we enjoyed the message. After it was over, I was invited to go to the Burchfields house with Dave and Margie Pelz. It was amazing, and Dave pretty much read me like an open book. He is so good at doing this, definitely one of his spiritual gift's. He pointed out how I am still carrying some emotional baggage, and how it would most helpful for me to have some spiritual cleansing in some specific areas of my life. EX. adoption issues, disease issues, X-friend issues, parents issues, past drug issues, how I view myself issues, Life issues. And the thing I really appreciate about Dave is that he doesn't point something out to you, and then leave you hanging. Also, I really trust him to pry into areas that would be easier for me to keep hidden. Here in the near future, I am going to call him and we are going to set up a time to meet, and possibly several times if needed. All I know for sure is that meeting tonight with those people was nothing but the holy fathers work. I was just a willing participant.

After that, at maybe 9:00P.M. I got dropped off at my friend Tyler Morningstar's mom's house. Tyler is in charge of baby sitting his little bro and sis. Well, we took his brother to the Haunted Castle. It was a riot. Here is Tyler and Ben. It's a little blurry, but you get the picture.

After that, we invited Amanda over and we got some Nintendo Wii action, and played a little hide & go seek, the four of us did. Everything -the mosquito's was great fun!

Amanda on the couch, I think she might possibly have been wondering what she got herself into at this point, but I know she had a good time and it was really good. It was good, clean Christian fellowship and I really enjoyed myself. You can't beat that. You really can't, and I will continue to seek this kind of involvement until I am at a place where I feel comfortable in my friends and break away from the people that I just need to let go of.

No comments: