Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Young Life is awesome!

Me and Troy really got a lot accomplished dry walling today. It is really starting to come together too. That basement looks good! We make a good team, and get along really well. It's fun too, and I was telling him today it has been a real blessing for me to be able to work with him and spend some quality time together.

Tomorrow I start the devotional, "Growing Through Life's Challenges" with Amanda. I think we will meet at this place Jared told me about. It's called The Coffee Cafe, yeah I know it's a pretty generic name, but he told me it would be a good spot because it has a room where you can get some privacy. I am stoked to start in on the study guide.

Tonight at 6:00p.m. I was invited to go and eat with the Young Life leaders. It was so cool and they really made me feel welcomed. I am seriously excited to see where this will go. After we ate, we prayed and talked about what the game plan was for the evening. Josh (leader) is so good at gathering the metaphoric "troops." He can gather, inform, motivate and calm with his facial expressions alone. He is a natural born leader, and it is really cool to see him in action. His sister Jessica spoke tonight. The topic was running/hiding from things you have done, or are ashamed of. She gave the story of the woman who was caught in idolatry, and the men brought her to Jesus in front of a crowd. "He who is without sin cast the first stone" and all that. It all tied together very nicely, and the kid's were very attentive and it seemed like they got something from it.

This is Meg. She put on some goofy glasses and made this face for me. It was fun just to stand in the hall way everyone had to pass through on their way out. I would just ask how they enjoyed the evening, and invite them back next week. Simple things for now, to set up trust and let them know we care about them. Totally loving it, and praying that whatever job I get will have a schedule that will allow me to continue with Young Life.

Tomorrow there will be no dry walling, Troy has to go to Warsaw to hand in some applications for job's. So, day off. I will probably work out, rake leaves in the back yard, change the oil in my mom's car, and try to read the rest of The Raggamuffin Gospel.

Life is good.

No comments: