Friday, January 11, 2008

I skipped yesterday, I know

I skipped yesterday because I was so dog gone tired! My body is constantly exhausted from this non-stop life style I have had. Don't get me wrong, it is great and I wouldn't have it any other way. I just have to learn to pace myself.

Today while I was working I had a lot of thinking time. At first my mind was kind of empty. There wasn't a whole lot of thought processing going on. Later, once I got a chance to speak with a couple of different people, I got to see how bright and vibrant God is in other peoples lives as well as mine. It seems for me that my eyes can be taken off focus fairly easy. It is so important for me to stay fixated on ABBA every breaking moment. This is why Christian music is all I listen to now, and I try to fill my "down time" with prayer and deep thought. It's great stuff.
This picture was taken yesterday in the sound, video & light booth for the church. I got paid to play around and try to learn the gist of this thing. It is pretty awesome, and you can do a lot with it.
This picture was taken today. I went to Reggies Tao Kwan Do class again today and this time he hadn't lost anything so I was able to see what he is always talking about. It was really awesome to see him in this setting. He is extremely apt to step up into a position of leadership. He excels tremendously as well. He is extremely respectful and strong. Physically strong as well as relationally strong. The kid constantly blows my mind. SMART TOO! He is so smart, and I actually see a lot myself in him.

After class we were both starving, so we went out to eat. Reggie decided on the pizza and we ate it up! We got into some pretty deep conversations over dinner as well. It hit me how much he watches me, and how careful I need to be. Not just around him, but around anyone. I need to act all the time as if I am trying to be a leader and positive role model, even if I am by myself. I don't do that though, I get selfish sometimes and I get disgusted with myself. I want to better myself always. I want to be a strong figure that people can look to for advice and comfort because they "know" I have my own self together pretty good. If anyone wants to pray that I am able to just die to myself every day, I would really appreciate it. I REALLY REALLY REALLY would.

I learn from Reggie, and I don't look at him as contact work. I look at hanging out with Reggie as hanging out with a friend. I love taking him out, and I look forward to the next time. I am able to challenge him and he respects me. It is an all around situation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

leadership and respect are not something you will learn, they are already in you. relax and let them come out naturally, it's already happening for you. stay on your path