Tuesday, March 11, 2008

DAY 2 of Spring Break 2008!!!

I got to sleep in today, it was pretty nice. I got to answer a lot of E-Mails and get some work done on the computer. I also started to stick my nose around for a new job. It has become clear to me that Pathway will not be able to provide me with the type of constant income I need to be able to replenish my bank account. Sadly, I am going to have to just find something else. I am not even slightly distressed about it. God will provide me with something, just as he always does. I got to be really lazy today, and I kind of liked that. I did however, go and see Reggie at tae kwon doe tonight, because he said he really wanted me to see him SPAR (physical contact) with some of the other students. It was pretty cool, and I got an awesome video of it...........I just had my phone on the wrong setting, and will not be able to show it on the BLOG. My bad. I do have a zesty picture of me driving to go see Reggie though. CHECK ITIt was really bright out when I was driving today. Isn't it cool to see the reflection of the street in my Aviators? I think that looks really cool.

Something cool happened today. Tom (Young Life staff) asked if I would give the talk next Wednesday at Club. I have been praying about this, so naturally I said yes right away. I am excited to prepare for it, and ready my heart. It's gonna be coo, and a neat step for me to take with YL ministries.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey little bro. Someone I know sent this to me and I wanted to share it with you. Hope you enjot it like I did.

Every time I am asked to pray, I think of the old deacon
Who always prayed, Lord, prop us up on our leanin' side.
After hearing him pray that prayer many times, someone
asked him why he prayed that prayer so fervently.
He answered, 'Well sir, you see, it's like this...I got an old barn
out back.
It's been there a long time, it's withstood a lot of weather,
it's gone through a lot of storms, and it's stood for many years.
It's still standing. But one day I noticed it was leaning to one
side a bit.
So I went and got some pine poles and propped it up on its
leaning side so it wouldn't fall.
Then I got to thinking about that and how much I was like
that old barn. I've been around a long time.
I've withstood a lot of life's storms. I've withstood a lot of
bad weather in life, I've withstood a lot of hard times, and
I'm still standing too. But I find myself leaning to one side
from time to time, so I like to ask the Lord to prop us up
on our leaning side, cause I figure a lot of us get to
leaning, at times.
Sometime we get to leaning toward anger, leaning
toward bitterness, leaning toward hatred, leaning toward
cussing, leaning toward a lot of things that we shouldn't.
So we need to pray, 'Lord, prop us up on our leaning side,
so we will stand straight and tall again, to glorify the Lord.

God bless and we love ya,
Troy, Amy and kids