Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy EASTER!

(12:24PM)
He has risen! Well, actually he did that a long time ago. But today is a great day to remember and be thankful. Or, maybe today is a great reminder for Christ followers to remember, be thankful, pray and stay watchful. I am typing again with two hands. My right fingers are still sluggish, and my right pinky does not like to cooperate when hitting the P key. I have a feeling it will all come back though.
Today's devotional was titled, "Am I Carnally Minded?" First thing I had to do was define Carnality. Merriam-Webster defines Carnality as such; a: relating to or given to crude bodily pleasures and appetites b: marked by sexuality <carnal love>

Two of the readings in today's devotional were 1 Corinthians 3:3 & Galatians 5:16. I like to read the whole chapter to get a better understanding and to just be in the word. In Corinthians it states quite clearly that we nothing. This is the view point we must take in order to deny ourselves which is coming up in Galatians. Even the people who plant the message of Christ and the people who teach the message of Christ are nothing. God is the only one who can give us solid ground to walk, grow, and live on. The only thing we can really do is say yes or no to him. This leads to the reading in Galatians. IF you are living in t
he spirit you are not living in the flesh, meaning in sin. To me it is really clearly put in Galatians 5:16-21 it is spelled out very clearly for us. BUT, because of the whole free will thing we have got to seek it. When I slip, or feel tempted for whatever, I go to God. When the Carnal desires of my flesh scream out and it would be easy for me to give in, instead of making excuses I get on my knees and sincerely pray for strength. I have NEVER been ignored. This is walking in the spirit, and it is so much more gratifying than sin.

I woke up this morning and felt like crap. I had a horrible sore throat, and just an over all icky feeling. I decided to stay home from going with my parents my Aunts. I am going to study Psychology. I have an exam on Tuesday. I know I promised some good pictures yesterday, so I will see what I can do with what I have available...

(12:21AM) POST
This is what I did all day, PSYCHOLOGY! I got chapter 6, and feel confident with it. Chapter 7 however, was giving me some troubles, but I will make all the missing pieces fall into place tomorrow.
My evening ended here, at Collateral. Pat shown above gave a really good talk from Ephesians 3 it was about giving your all to God. Then, in return getting your all from God. I think it was really hard for me to hear because he spoke on how we are to take advantage of our fellow Christian brothers.....I am thinking to myself, "where are mine at?" (CONFESSION TIME) I BLOG to release as well as inform and teach.... I pray and pray that I can find a group of guys, or just one guy who I can keep accountability with. I am strong with Christ, but I would love go through this battle with someone who shares like minded interests, or at least someone I really enjoy being around. I feel so alone. In reality, I don't have any close friends. This is hard for me because all through high school, and Sin I have always had loads of friends. Now that I have cleaned up my act and life, I can't find people I have a unity or common bond with. I am 21 years old, is it suppose to be this hard? I came from Collateral and shared these very raw feelings with the only people who would listen at the time....my parents. They are amazing and I don't deserve them, BUT late 50's isn't even close to my age. I can't question God's plan for me, I pray for him to reveal it to me every day, EVERY DAY! My mom asked me if she thinks I ought to start applying for Christian scholarships and such. To go away to a not-so-far away Christian campus would probably do my spirit good. I am not meant to be alone, my personality thrives on..... well PEOPLE! I know this is where God has me right now, and darn it, I am going to continue to make the best of it. BUT, I think I am going to start at least looking at other options. If that is what God has in store for me, then it will all fall into place. My prayer request is going to stay the same, God please reveal your plan for my life. :-) "pleasant sigh" I feel better now.

No comments: